Author Topic: Alexander Dards or Deards  (Read 1907 times)

Offline denney4933

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Dards or Deards
« on: Saturday 15 January 11 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone out there have access to old London BMD records please?
I´ve a copy of a Burial record for Alexander Dards dated 29th April 1680 from Ancestry [London, England, Extracted Parish Records from the London Collection; St Mildred [Bread Street] & St Margaret Moses - Parish Registers, 1558-1853].
The Nat. Archives also indicate that Alexander Dards died in about 1680.  An inventory was later made of his Goods. He was Married, and probably had a Daughter named Elizabeth Deards who was buried on 22nd January 1731 @ St Leonard, Shoreditch, from Charles Square, aged about 60 years - so she  was born in about 1671.  I´ve found a possible Baptism for an Elizabeth Dards dated 7th Dec 1671 @ St Mary Aldermary, London, in the City of London, Parent shown as Alexander Dards.
What I´m seeking please are details of Alexander´s Wedding, the name of his Spouse, his Parents, and the names of any other brothers & sisters of the Elizabeth mentioned above.
The only other information I have, that might be connected, is for a Miss Rebecca Deards who was buried on 21st February 1725 @ St Leonard, Shoreditch, also from Charles Square [? The same Family Home as Elizabeth?].  I have a Rebecca Deards of William & Jane who was born on July 23rd 1698 @ St Bartholomew By the Exchange, City of London.  William Deards married a Jane Hale [or Hals] by Licence on 6th October 1692 @ St Sepulchre, Holborn, London, & had three other known children named Mary, William & John.  It isn´t known when the 3 children were born/baptised. Mary married a John Martin in 1753, William a Margaret Morgan in 1754 [who had a Daughter named Rebecca born before 1761], and John a Mary Ann Gaucheron in 1773. William Snr. was buried @ St Dunstan in the West in June 1761.

Any other FH details you can supply about the Family would be much appreciated please.

Regards,
Barbara Deards

Offline Captain2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Dear Grandma
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Dards or Deards
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 11 17:49 GMT (UK) »
There is a Will available for a Nathaniel Deards Citizen & Merchant 28.03.1646. Proved 1650. In it he mentions his brother Thomas Deards Citizen and Apothecary of London, he mentions 'unto Alexander the sonn' (of Thomas) and (?) Alice/ Anys and Marie the daughters (of Thomas).  Sorry not able to read (and translate) a lot of it, but did manage to pick up those names - thought they it might be useful to you.

KR - Angie
HARE - Taunton, Somerset  COOKSON - London ANDREWS - PLANE & PARKER -Peckham
HYDE - Berkshire - Australia/CLEMENTS - Berkshire
WOODLEY - Berkshire - Oxfordshire
GARRETT Bradford Abbas, Dorset
SMITH - Islington, Holborn, London
TROAKE - Devon - ADAMS - Devon/Somerset
WINNEY - Berkshire/Oxfordshire
EASTERSON - Kent  BURLINGHAM - Oxfordshire
LYONS & CURTIS - Berkshire

Offline denney4933

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much for your reply Angie,

It looks like Alexander´s Father was Thomas as he came from about the right time period - a very good clue that I now need to follow up.

Thanks again for your trouble.
Barbara

Offline VBP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 February 18 08:00 GMT (UK) »
Please email me? VB

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 February 18 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi
A bit late i know
Boyds Inhabitants of London gives wife Elizabeth
Children Elizabeth Dec 7 1671,Annabel Aug 24 1677- Oct 10th 1677 ,Christian bur 9 Jan 1672.

Ciderdrinker