Author Topic: Rev William Hudson, Kingsclere  (Read 8379 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rev William Hudson, Kingsclere
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 09:59 BST (UK) »
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 22:21 BST (UK) »
Or this one:

http://calm.hants.gov.uk/

Unfortunately - or fortunately - upgrades or improvements occur all the time and it's four years  since I posted that link  ;)

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hudson-cropp-beare

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev William HUDSON & Elizabeth CROPP, Kingsclere (21 MAY 2015)
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 May 15 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Nell,
Thank you for the updated link info.
I don't get online every day, nor as much as I would like to be able to do so, hence the delay in posting back here to let you know the result of your reply.
I have found some interesting details about Elizabeth CROPP.
It appears there may have been more than one person of the same family lineage had the same name.
The Elizabeth CROPP I am searching died in 1771, the same year as her husband Rev. William HUDSON expired.
There's been a "hand-me-down" family story that says Elizabeth CROPP is the daughter or more likely (by years) grand-daughter of a woman who was mistress of King GEORGE I.
One of my mother's 'uncles' HOLMESBY went to the UK and researched our family genealogy for what became his writings of the book "THE FIRST OF THE MANY". Basically it's about Thomas Hudson BEARE - yes, there's the name HUDSON popping up. His father was Thomas BEARE who married Martha, daughter of Elizabeth & Rev.William HUDSON - it was Thomas Hudson BEARE who arrived on the vessel "Duke Of York" at Kangaroo Island in 1836, and went on to open the South Australian state at Adelaide - his youngest daughter is claimed to be the first white settler to put foot on the soil of South Australia.
Sorry, i've digressed a little...
As you can see, it is the history of the CROPP family that I am most interested in.
When HOLMESBY inquired of the connection of CROPP and King GEORGE I, he was brushed off by the royals...
No one wants this connection to be known, despite the history of some 8 generations, or perhaps 9, that would link the two names of CROPP & GEORGE I.
If you should come across anything at all that could be a piece of this 'puzzle', please do let me know.
In appreciation of the great work you do there helping with family enquiries from around the world, thank you so much.
Mark RIDGWAY

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 August 15 21:25 BST (UK) »
Did you have any luck with rev William Hudson?  His daughter Mary b 17/3/1754 is my ancestor.
His wife Elizabeth was born 1725 and died 23/7/1771 (family search IGI index)

Strange ....  His Will is annotated 'Sep 20 1771 On which day personally appeared Elizabeth HUDSON widow & sole executrix named in the above written will and was duly sworn to execute the said will before me.' [signature illegible]
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 22 August 15 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hello dee-jay, thank you for this information. Where can the will for the estate of Rev William Hudson of KINGSCLERE be found and read? - " His Will is annotated 'Sep 20 1771 On which day personally appeared Elizabeth HUDSON widow & sole executrix named in the above written will and was duly sworn to execute the said will before me.' [signature illegible]" - I have heard rumor that says Elizabeth outlived her husband Rev William, and she lived on and married again, but i've not seen any official details of this, yet.
 If I can see this then I can make the necessary corrections.
Thank you so much,
Mark

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 22 August 15 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,

The Will, reference 1771B/29, is on microfiche stored in accessible drawers in the Search Room at Hampshire Record Office.  This is quite a short will, compared to many, but as my time was limited I merely extracted the detail proving her continued existence beyond the date previously stated.

Please see PM.

dee-jay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
CROPP, Elizabeth
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 June 16 04:01 BST (UK) »
Did you have any luck with rev William Hudson?  His daughter Mary b 17/3/1754 is my ancestor.
His wife Elizabeth was born 1725 and died 23/7/1771 (family search IGI index)
I have information on Mary, my ancestor and another daughter Martha b.10/6/1756.

Hello! Hope your day goes well there. I have just returned here after a period of absence due to poor health - am good now. What I want to ask, is does anyone have any document that is an official record of Elizabeth CROPP's birth and death? I note that in the above "quote" it mentions Elizabeth's daughter Mary is BARNSLEY'S ancestor. Also, does anyone have any evidence of Elizabeth's origin - her parents - siblings - home address/location, etc?
Looking forward to your reply, and establishing who Elizabeth CROPP really was.
Kind regards, Mark