Author Topic: 1777 Kelso Dispensary records – free online  (Read 10494 times)

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1777 Kelso Dispensary records – free online
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 January 11 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Graham appears to be in the dispensary in 1891, is it possible you have searched for a female? When I searched for a female there were no results however there is a male. It may be a situation of a twentieth century pair of eyes looking at a Victorian document.

If it helps I just searched for Graham Stewart in Kelso and only one came up.

Emma

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 January 11 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Emma, I took your advice, asked Scotlandspeople to find a male Graham Stewart in Kelso in the 1891 census, and there she was. I don't know how the mistake occurred as her age in the census is clearly entered in the column for females.

Harry

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 January 11 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Oh good I’m glad you’ve found her. I have to say I rarely fill in the male/female part of the form.

I’ve been looking at my images form Wednesday. It’s HH71/5 that I was looking at this time titled Printed and bound annual reports and accounts. HH71/5 runs from October 1854 to October 1861 and in each one Mrs Janet Stewart is listed as housekeeper. It might be interesting to trace back and see when she first record of her is then forward to see when Graham takes over.

Emma

Offline JimfromCarloway

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 December 21 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I have a carte de visite of "Graham Stewart Dispensary Kelso" from the Mackintosh studio in Kelso if it is of interest to anyone