Author Topic: Abel Jones b. Llanefydd circa 1806  (Read 1634 times)

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Abel Jones b. Llanefydd circa 1806
« on: Thursday 20 January 11 14:34 GMT (UK) »
thanks to positive response and selfless hard work on previous topics re my conwy valley ancestors which is well received and much appreciated i'd like to take this oppurtunity to lay down where i am at hoping for further developments thus;

1. Abel Jones bc1806 LLannefydd

From old scrap of papers and memory i think ther's a bapt for an Abel in LLanfair Talhaiarn 1806 father Richard and from Garthewin, could this be the one?....forgot mothers name!!

Also, a marriage for AJ and Margaret in Bettws yn Rhos 6 aug 1831, from the census Mgt is noted as of this parish, maybe witness names would be helpfull?!!

9th Jan 1832 Jane dau of Abel and Mgt Jones Bettws, same Jane as in census?!!

2. Marchaled....Bapt of Robert Jones c1770
and marriage of RJ and Elin/ELINOR C1795/1800

3/ Magdalen Jones marr 1800 LLanrwst, no bapt for her here c1780, but witnesses were John Richard and Harry Jones, HJ poss bapt LLanrwst 1772, might be worth a look ?!!..John Richard possible father?!!

thanks and best wishes
Aled

Offline JustLooking

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re:Abel Jones b. Llanefydd circa 1806
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 11 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aled

Me again

Link to other thread for those who might help:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,507974.0.html

Also, just to say that Abel gives Llanefydd as his birthplace on all the censuses so I don't think that I'd go with the LT baptism without further detailed research into Llanefydd and LT.

Further, your Abel's sons were Robert, John and William. Maybe one of these names was for his father.

His baptism record might not be there - missing or non-conformist.

JL
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk