Author Topic: Marshall  (Read 3321 times)

Offline JoeMarshall

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marshall
« on: Friday 21 January 11 00:25 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to put together any and all Marshall's

My webpage is big and has diagrams showing many of the groups of people associated/related to Marshall's in the past

http://familytrees.genopro.com/beltster/Marshall/

I am trying to figure out where the name passed on when there was no male such as an example (not marshall) Mary Elizabeth Cumming-Bruce  her father Charles Lennox Cumming and her mother was Mary Elizabeth Bruce.

Offline veryoldgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marshall
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 05:13 GMT (UK) »
The middle name of "Lennox" caught my eye.  In my Husband's Cumming/Story family, Lennox is always a middle name given to the girls in the family.  Graham is always a middle name given to the oldest boy.  In some cases, for some The boys are called Lennox.

Offline kinhunter25

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Marshall
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 January 22 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I have a Marshall (could be Marshal) on my Maternal side. I have (this is all proven) a Robert Marshall, (SR), date of birth, June 21, 1825, died Feb 13, 1918 in Mt. Auburn, Christian County, Illinois.  He was born in County Down, Ireland, as were his parents James and Sarah Brown (or Brom) Marshall.  They (James and wife Sarah) first settled near Rochester County, N.Y. and later moved to the Mt. Auburn area of Christian County, Illinois.  James was born in County Down (now Northern Ireland) on June 21, 1829 near Killinchy, was a farmer, a Presbyterian, a Mason, a Republican a Gold miner in California, and father of 10 children among other things.

The (SR) above was not because he had a son also named Robert (he didn't) but because he had a relative, living at the same time, who was also named Robert, and they both lived close to each other in an area of Illinois that was basically open farmlands.

I found this to be a very interesting family and while I can track them back to where they came from in what is now Northern Ireland, would love to know more.