Author Topic: WEBBER-SYMES  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Jean-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WEBBER-SYMES
« on: Saturday 22 January 11 04:17 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to complete my knowlege of the couple of my 5xgparents William WEBBER- Jane SYMES.

They got married on November 10th 1767 in Beaminster (Dorset) but …

William WEBBER was born ca 1744 in Drimpton  (Dorset) and I don’t know his parents. He died in Broadwindsor on June 22nd 1812.

Jane Symes was born in Child Hay (Date unknown – ca 1748) I don’t know her parents either. She died  on Feb 22nd1821 in Child Hay (aged 82).

Lots of “mercies” to the kind soul who could find their dates of baptism and parents.

Jean-Marie DESSAUX

Templeuve –Nord FRANCE

DAVIDGE -WEBBER- FARNHAM

DORSET - Somerset

Offline psusennes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WEBBER-SYMES
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 February 11 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have a John Symes Cresdee b: 30/7/1842, Morden, Bere Regis, Dorset in my tree. His parents were Charles Kexton Cresdee & Elizabeth (Betty) Elliott. John had a brother, Charles Carlton Cresdee, b: c 1853, Morden. d: 1911 Ryde, Sydney, Australia. Note! Children were often given mothers maiden name or grandparents on mothers side as a middle name. Elizabet (Betty) Elliott's mother was a Symes

Hope this is of some help.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 February 11 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you looked at the records available on the Dorset OPC site?

http://www.opcdorset.org

However  Child Hay is not listed as place/parish;  where did you find that information?   Drimpton is listed with Broadwindsor.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jean-Marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 04:25 GMT (UK) »
 Here is what I was  told :
" Childhay is historically a tything in the parish of Broadwindsor. It is situated in the far west of the County near to the Somerset County boundary."

But unfortunately there is no transcription for Broadwindsor baptisms and deaths.
                                       JM
DAVIDGE -WEBBER- FARNHAM

DORSET - Somerset

Offline webber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 August 14 10:33 BST (UK) »
I am trying to complete my knowlege of the couple of my 5xgparents William WEBBER- Jane SYMES.

They got married on November 10th 1767 in Beaminster (Dorset) but …

William WEBBER was born ca 1744 in Drimpton  (Dorset) and I don’t know his parents. He died in Broadwindsor on June 22nd 1812.

Jane Symes was born in Child Hay (Date unknown – ca 1748) I don’t know her parents either. She died  on Feb 22nd1821 in Child Hay (aged 82).

Lots of “mercies” to the kind soul who could find their dates of baptism and parents.

Jean-Marie DESSAUX

Templeuve –Nord FRANCE

Offline webber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 August 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
Humprhey webber was the father of William webber

Offline webber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 October 14 07:18 BST (UK) »
The people mentioned in your search are my direct great x  grandparents. I have a Family tree on Ancestry if you wish to search further. Or you can email me.  :)

Regards
Keith Webber