Author Topic: Elizabeth Bell  (Read 6523 times)

Offline pityackafromblyth

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Bell
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 February 11 11:56 GMT (UK) »
aspin, you are quite correct in saying that Amble is a small fishing port on the East coast of Northumberland.  I don't think we have a west coast in the county. ;D  But being serious, wasn't coal exported from there up until about the 1960s, and were there any staithes at the harbour ?  It would be interesting to know the tonnage of coal out of the harbour.  I know it would be nowhere near that of Blyth, but I think there was a reasonable amount of coal shipped out.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 February 11 12:20 GMT (UK) »
aspin, you are quite correct in saying that Amble is a small fishing port

She ought to know - she lives there!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 February 11 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Christine can i check this tonight

Whenever you like  :)

I always take a few extra things to Woodhorn - in case I find everything I want at the first attempt (yeah I know, eternal optimist) but usually it's in case I'm bored with the people who refuse to be found.

It can have advantages though as I've come across one or two ancestors who have been in parishes that I wouldn't have normally looked at.

Hope it helps anyway.

Christine

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 February 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Christine ,
Sorry for the relay
I had computer trouble last night and just got it up and running again tonight
All I have on Elizabeth Bell is her marriage to Selby Douglas from Tweedmouth 2.12.1844 the address is }Radcliffe Terrace Selby full age Elizabeth under age
her father is John Bell a Carrier and Selby's father John Douglas  a Pitman
Looking at 1881 census the family with Selby and Elizabeth
Are Margaret aged 22,Robert 19,Joanna 16 all born Radcliffe then Mary aged 14 born Slackburn ( this could be Sleekburn ) and John aged 12.b Chevington
also living in the house with them are two granddaughters Elizabeth Bell and Barbara A Douglas both born Chevington

you are right Amble is on the east coast JenB
Pityackafromblyth sorry have I that right
Amble once had a big fishing fleet when my husband first started fishing in 1962 now we only have a few boats left its such a shame but this in modern times and cut backs have made the fleet dwindle away
Yes I remember the staithes and it was terrible in those days trying to keep the white washing white
if the wind was from the west .
I married and came into Amble in 1959 so I really cannot tell you about the coal part of it .As i came from up the north road a village on the A1
But I do know Blyth was and still is a much bigger Port I still have to go there if our fishing boat is there

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Perks1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 25 February 17 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is very interesting than you. I have done a DNA test and I'm trying to match up to other trees. Elizabeth Bell is a contender as she appears in a tree that I am matched to, so interested in tracing her and her family.

I have confirmed family in Warkworth and immediate area south (Morwick Hall) - mainly Gacscoigne/Gaskin, but also Morrison, Scott.

Perks1
Butler - Yorkshire
Harwood - Hertfordshire
Latour - India
Milne - India, Northumberland
Perkins - Berkshire, Huntingdonshire, Pembrokeshire, Tasmania
Price - Ireland, Liverpool
Watson - Northumberland

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 February 17 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Can I get back to you later tonight please
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 February 17 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi PERKS1
I have managed to find some information on Elizabeth Bell
If you send me your email address through a PM
I will pop all through to you even the marriage certificate of Elizabeth and Robert
I will PM you my email
Elizabeth