Author Topic: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery (COMPLETED)  (Read 22685 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery (COMPLETED)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 25 September 17 23:30 BST (UK) »

Both people buried in the same grave, as follows,
In loving memory of/JOSEPH /the beloved husband of JANE ANN HARGREAVES/died 25th Dec 1931 aged 77yrs/Peace perfect peace/Also JANE ANN beloved wife of the above/died 25th Feb 1947 aged 88yrs/Reunited.
Burial Record 1931 30th Dec Joseph Hargreaves, Pensioner, 5 Ash Grove, Linnaeus Street, 77yrs Senile decay.
01st Mar 1847, Jane Ann Hargreaves, widow, 46, Greek Street, 88yrs
I hope I have not trod on any toes with this information?
There are more records in this cemetery for a Beaumont Hargreaves & Alice Maud and family as well.
gogogadgetlegs

I'm sure you haven't Gogo....we are a team  ;)

Welcome to RootsChat Josh

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Josh Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi carol and john
Wow thanks for this I didn't think I would find anything and that this was a long shot but you have passed my sights and expectations here and are very welcoming to a newbie on this site. I appreciate this a lot!. I now have the compartment number and grave number would I need to go to the archives to find where about's the grave is.

Regards

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Josh...if you google Hull City Council Bereavement Services they should be able to help you..they have contact details on their website..I can't attach a link as I am on the iPad. They will be able to email you a cemetery plan.
Good Luck.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Josh Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 19:18 BST (UK) »
This is great news I can't thank you enough. Today I got the cemetery plans and found his grave under a tree in pristine condition thanks to the tree shadowing it. Just another quick question where would I post about finding Joseph Hargreave's farther ? on the earliest census I can find him only living with Jane Ann but can't find nothing before that. On the earliest census I can find for him in 1871 his birth place is Barnburgh near Mexborough but can't find nothing before that. I do know that on his marriage certificate to Jane Ann that his farther was George Hargreaves but cannot find Joseph in a house with george in 1861. Cannot find a birth certificate either. Would I need to post this in a different post ?

Thanks again you've done Fab!

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Josh

Start a new topic, the beginners board would be a good place to post.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/beginners/

Include all the information you have about him from the census and marriage certificate.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 28 September 17 15:09 BST (UK) »
This is a longshot Josh but you might want to look at the 1861 entry for George Hargreaves b. 1825 SIL of John and Mary

John Fearnley   70
Mary Fearnley   69
Sarah Wild   38
George Hargreaves   36
Ann K Hargreaves   35
Ann Wild   19
Joseph Wild   17
Benjamin Hargreaves   13
Joseph Hargreaves   9
Emma Hargreaves   7
Mary Wild   7

I have seen his suggested birth place vary on Ancestry entries from Barnby, Barmby and Barnburgh  :-\

Sometimes things aren't always what they seem...in the absence of any other match or birth reg. this was the best I could come up with  ::)

There is a Joseph Hargreaves living with parents George and Susannah Hargreaves in Cowling, Yorkshire but he was born in 1849  :-\

Carol

Offline Josh Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 31 October 17 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you carol for your interest, I have being constantly looking for the reason behind this for the past month and now at a loss. I have come to many different conclusions and in the meantime I have cancelled out his family line as what I thought I know could not exist now. On the plus side I was having trouble with his wife Jane Ann Taylor's side of the family but have recently uncovered all that from a very tricky mystery but now I'm back to her husbands side which I thought was complete so really no better off. I'm going to post everything I know so far in the message board and start a new post if that will help. Thanks again