Author Topic: WILES family in St Neots  (Read 3790 times)

Offline steveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
WILES family in St Neots
« on: Sunday 17 April 05 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi
We are searching for any information about the WILES families of St Neots. 
Our first link back to St Neots is a George or Reuben Wiles (he seems to have used either name).  We think he was born around 1800. He was later recorded as a Bricklayer.  His wife was Susanna Dennis. (married 1822, St Neots)
The familiy moved to Islington sometime before the birth of their daughter Catherine Wiles in 1841.
As broad search of the usual sources reveals quite a few WILES families in and around St Neots so hopefully there are others out there that may be able to help.
Thanks
Steve
Cornwall - Blake, Cock, Wilcock  |  Norfolk - Woodhouse, Graver  |  Durham - Batie, Brass, Kay, Bailey  |  Middlesex - Blake, Woodhouse, Lovell, Copps, Dale  |  E.London - Wiles, White, Godfrey  |  Warwick - Pollard  |  Bucks - Steden, Lovell, Shrimpton, Reynolds

Offline michelleR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WILES family in St Neots
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 June 05 04:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Do you know who  Susanna's parents were?  I have a James Dennis who married in 1818 who could be her brother. Do you know where she was born.
Michelle

Offline steveb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 June 05 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle,
Your James DENNIS sounds like an interesting candidate.  Unfortunately we have no further details on Susannah yet.  If you could let us know a bit more about your Dennis and family maybe it will give us the lead we need.
Thanks for any help !
All the best
Steve
Cornwall - Blake, Cock, Wilcock  |  Norfolk - Woodhouse, Graver  |  Durham - Batie, Brass, Kay, Bailey  |  Middlesex - Blake, Woodhouse, Lovell, Copps, Dale  |  E.London - Wiles, White, Godfrey  |  Warwick - Pollard  |  Bucks - Steden, Lovell, Shrimpton, Reynolds

Offline michelleR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 June 05 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
I have only just received his info from the 1851 census and he was living at Hail Weston and said he was 56( but on the 1841 he was 44 )born at Toseland  married Sarah Richardson 1818.  I only have some of their children the one's I have are Elizabeth, Eliza, Charles and George twins, Samuel and William all appear to be born at Hail Weston.
On the 1851 census there is a Sarah Dennis 78 on parish relief born at Toseland she could be his mother, with her was a granddaughter Sarah Crow scholar b hail Weston.
Michelle