Author Topic: jeannie forbes  (Read 13150 times)

Offline alan.1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: jeannie forbes
« Reply #18 on: Monday 31 January 11 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve
My grandfather was a policeman as per the 1911 English census and their marriage cert.
I am now beginning to go back to my original guess of Jeannie b about1879 in Inverwick
The 1901 Scottish census was on 31March/1April. What if her birthday was say Jan, Feb. or early March she would have been 21 born in 1880.Does that make sense or am I clutching at straws.
Alan

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 31 January 11 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alan

Please re-read reply 13.  There are only 2 possibilities for a birth between 1878 and 1881 in all of Perthshire - and only 1 with a father John. 

The Jean/Jane/Jeannie - born in Inverwick - with a father John was born in 1875.

Regards,

Steve.

1901 to 1920 there are only 2 Jean Forbes marriages - I feel that the second may be the one born in 1878.

1919 MACDONALD HUGH FORBES JEAN BLAIR ATHOLL /PERTH 334/00 0003   
1904 GOWANS DUNCAN STEWART FORBES JEANIE MOULIN /PERTH 384/01 0004

and did Janet B Forbes - b. 1880 -with a father John marry in 1906

1906 LAWSON PETER FORBES JANET B PERTH /PERTH 387/00 0022

Do the Salvation Army hold records that far back?

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 31 January 11 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Gday Steve
Just had some mail from the General Registers Office.Seemingly they sent me the wrong marriage cert for Jeannie. This one states married Oct.25 1908 at
Holy Trinity Church Lincolnshire Glossop,age 28 spinster Salvation Army Officer. Father John Forbes (deceased).
Alan

Looks like Steve has covered the marriages of the Jean/Jeannie/Janets found at Scotland in 1901. Good thinking!

So the next question is ....what did Jeannie give as her father's occupation and who witnessed the marriage?

One more- what were Fred's parents names?

Regards,
Nel

Offline alan.1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 31 January 11 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Steve
Jeannie Forbes Married Fred Goodacre Oct.25 1908 at Glossop Lincolnshire England.
Alan

Offline monks13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Just to remind folks that Kilmadock is a parish in Perthshire not one place. It takes in the communitys of Doune, Deanston, Buchany and a couple of smaller hamlets.
Although there was a small group of houses in the parish near the river Teith called Old Kilmadock.

Offline alan.1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 03 February 11 12:44 GMT (UK) »
After a couple of days researching I have found another Jane Forbes b1880 in Monlies Perth. Father John Forbes. My Jeannie/Jane has got to be one of these two
Alan

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 03 February 11 18:13 GMT (UK) »
hi all  :)

1881 census
there is a jane forbes age 2 born st pauls perth
with father john forbes age 44 shepherd
at markinch fife
mother is jane farquharson i think  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 14:10 BST (UK) »
I have now joined in, on this great work by the people helping Alan. 

I will be able to go a little deeper into the Forbes/McKercher connection back in Glen Lyon. The parents of Catherine McKercher (Mrs. John Fobes) will be James McKercher and Catherine McKay (m. 12 May 1839 Fortingall and Weem - same day);  however, Scotslandspeople failed to show up the marriage entry for me. It did however, provide me with her grandparents John McKercher and Margaret Campbell (m. 17 May 1783 - both Fortingall and Weem).

In the meantime, I am working on Catherine's grand dad  possibily being in  the Kerrowmore Grave Site:
#36 John McKerchar late farmer Tiray 17.4.1835  89, s Donald 17.9.1814 28, da Eliz 24.2.1846 52
as Catherine's brother Peter McKercher will be the site next to this:
#35 Peter McKerchar  in Dalchiarich 6.11.1915, w. [wife] Betsy Ritchie 27.2.1942, s. [son\ 16.10.1887 inf [infant]

I know where Tiray/Tiray is, and I can trace three of Catherine's uncles/aunty there as well, but, and finally my seeking of assistance:

Where would Yuar farm,  Kenmore be?  I can see Catherine's uncles and the Aunty Elizabeth are there in 1841 before the men moved to Tirai (1851/1861),  I Imagine to take over their dad's tenament/farm!

Regards,

Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline Kmaleski

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith,

Yuar is most likely a typo.  It probably is Tirai.

I have indexed the entirety of Mckercher's up to 1900 or so, and I am currently relating families.

Please visit mckercher.org to query.  I have mapped out the locations detailed in the parish records.

If you have any additions, corrections or contributions, don't hesitate to follow up.

Cheers,

Kori
Researching McKercher, McKerchar, McKerracher, McKericher and the families of Fortingall, Weem, Kenmore, Killin and Dull parishes.

www.mckercher.org