Author Topic: Jenkins  (Read 22719 times)

Offline CathEvs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jenkins
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 June 11 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana
I am a new member to this site and have just seen your post.  Benjamin and Jane Jenkins were my great-grandparents, and Catherine Ann my grandmother.  I do not think that Hannah is the person you are searching for as she married Idris John and lived the rest of her life in Ystrad, Rhondda.
 I hope this helps if only for elimination  purposes.   

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 June 11 02:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana
I am a new member to this site and have just seen your post.  Benjamin and Jane Jenkins were my great-grandparents, and Catherine Ann my grandmother.  I do not think that Hannah is the person you are searching for as she married Idris John and lived the rest of her life in Ystrad, Rhondda.
 I hope this helps if only for elimination  purposes.   
Hi Cath, many thanks for your info. Did you know that a person name [Tony Jenkins] ..well his Jenkins line ..one of them married into my Jenkins line... Please find his write up's under Jenkins in Forest of Dean board or Jenkins'es board here... It is quite informative. thank you muchly, regards Di. 

Offline tblunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 04:51 BST (UK) »
Am new to this...does anyone have any information on Susannah Jenkins? My great grandfather George harris came to Australia around 1875 from Monmouth Wales and his parents are stated as Martin Harris and S ???usannah Jenkins from Monmouth. Thank you

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 03:20 BST (UK) »
Am new to this...does anyone have any information on Susannah Jenkins? My great grandfather George harris came to Australia around 1875 from Monmouth Wales and his parents are stated as Martin Harris and S ???usannah Jenkins from Monmouth. Thank you
Hiya, well i have a Edmund Jenkins from LLangefaelach Swansea Wales uk. He came to Australia [will have to look up the date] He was a son of Hannah Jenkins] Hannah married George Truscott] Hannah owned the Landore Inn. Edmund was her last born child..she died when she was 56 years old. Her father was Walter Jenins. who ran the Trealey Farm imn Monmouthshire he married Elizabeth A;llen, she was born in 1765. Please call back here.. will return later on line should this be of any help to you...ps there is a Susannah amongst this line and the other line of Jenkins. who married into the Jenkins fam;of Monmouthshire.
Hannah had 8/10 children i have their names for you if you would like to see them? Best wishes, from Diane in Tassie.

Offline tblunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 June 11 01:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you for getting back to me on this Diane.
As you are no doubt aware this business is very frustrating but a little addictive at the same time!
The only information I have is that my great grandfather was born in Monmouth Wales and died in Paddington Sydney, in 1926. He married in Morpeth NSW in 1878.  His parents were Martin Harris and Susannah Jenkin and it is stated on his death certificate that his father Martin was an Innkeeper.
That's about all the info I have.  If you have anything that maybe correlates with this I would be most grateful.
Thanks again,
Therese

Offline Trevor1955

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 September 11 00:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Cath,
Just seen your reply on Dianewan's Jenkins

I am a descendant of Catherine Ann Jenkins who married Joseph Jones in Llanelli.
I believe she is the sister of your Hannah.

PM me if so we can help each other.

kind regards

Trevor
Brent, Weeks - Devon, Wales.
Jones, Jenkins - Llanelli, Wales.
McMath, Mathieson, McDermid, - Campbeltown, Glasgow.
 Harding,
Hanna, McBride, Rice, Lyttle, White - Belfast.

Offline wychlings

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 14:37 BST (UK) »
This information came from my mother (now deceased) around 2000. It relates to my great grandfather's wife, Annie Jenkins, the daughter of a wealthy innkeeper – they owned a coaching inn called the Landor Inn. Not sure it is helpful but worth putting into the pot.

About 1846 a McCarthy eloped from somewhere south of Cork in Ireland to start a new life in Newcastle. It was a daughter from this family, Ellen McCarthy, who lived from 1860 – 1937 who was to be my mother's grandmother.

Ellen married John Johnson, a butcher from the South Shields area in the north east of England. They lived in South Shields and her daughter Eveline Johnson was borne there in 1888. Eveline was Eira’s mother; she died on 6th October 1968.

Eveline was to marry Esau Arthur Williams in 1911 and have three children;

1. Eira,
2. Yvonne, her younger sister by just 1˝ yrs, and
3. Illtyd Morley, the youngest of the family by another 2 years.

Arthur Williams was borne in Landor, outside Swansea. He was Managing Director of the Clayton Tinplate Works in Pontardulais as was his father, John Williams before him. John was not wealthy, but he was clever and he married Annie Jenkins, the daughter of a wealthy innkeeper – they owned a coaching inn called the Landor Inn. He used this money to buy shares in the tinplate works thus gaining the MD position, turning it into a family business with 300 employees, and later into a steel strip mill.

Arthur died in November 1950; He lived at Plas Gwyn in Pontardulais from his marriage to Eveline (my granny) in 1911 (when the house was built) until his death.

More available ... but not in relation to the Jenkins connection.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 02:57 BST (UK) »
This information came from my mother (now deceased) around 2000. It relates to my great grandfather's wife, Annie Jenkins, the daughter of a wealthy innkeeper – they owned a coaching inn called the Landor Inn. Not sure it is helpful but worth putting into the pot.

About 1846 a McCarthy eloped from somewhere south of Cork in Ireland to start a new life in Newcastle. It was a daughter from this family, Ellen McCarthy, who lived from 1860 – 1937 who was to be my mother's grandmother.

Ellen married John Johnson, a butcher from the South Shields area in the north east of England. They lived in South Shields and her daughter Eveline Johnson was borne there in 1888. Eveline was Eira’s mother; she died on 6th October 1968.

Eveline was to marry Esau Arthur Williams in 1911 and have three children;

1. Eira,
2. Yvonne, her younger sister by just 1˝ yrs, and
3. Illtyd Morley, the youngest of the family by another 2 years.

Arthur Williams was borne in Landor, outside Swansea. He was Managing Director of the Clayton Tinplate Works in Pontardulais as was his father, John Williams before him. John was not wealthy, but he was clever and he married Annie Jenkins, the daughter of a wealthy innkeeper – they owned a coaching inn called the Landor Inn. He used this money to buy shares in the tinplate works thus gaining the MD position, turning it into a family business with 300 employees, and later into a steel strip mill.

Arthur died in November 1950; He lived at Plas Gwyn in Pontardulais from his marriage to Eveline (my granny) in 1911 (when the house was built) until his death.

More available ... but not in relation to the Jenkins connection.

TU so much for this exelent and wonderfull suprise for me[u hava made my day!!] after a few long years of wondering and researching no end...this Annie Jenkins was my 4th gr;grandmother...i am thrilled to bits! i will get back properly on this note  sap. luv Diane...in oz. born in Swansea 1944.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 03:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Cath,
Just seen your reply on Dianewan's Jenkins

I am a descendant of Catherine Ann Jenkins who married Joseph Jones in Llanelli.
I believe she is the sister of your Hannah.

PM me if so we can help each other.

kind regards

Trevor
Hiya again Trevor, i am beside myself hearing all these posts today..so u are my relie i guess...grreat news..my comp; has been in the mending house for 3 weeks  sonice top be back online..regards Di...much to chate about when i return home from shopping....