Author Topic: Jenkins  (Read 22717 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jenkins
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Many many thanks to you crisane. :D

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:19 GMT (UK) »
GEE wow wow again !! which census's are you meanig there Crisane?  I know Hannah's father was Wlter Jenkins of Trealey farm  and his son's past down the line of 3 Walters.. will hava look again.. where are you connected? through Jane? will try look up a few things noe then  please stay around tonight/ luv Di. 

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:26 GMT (UK) »
There is a public tree on ancestry which has the Truscott family and Hannah in it. It has the marrriage of Hannah and George on 7 Feb 1832 Llangyfelach Glamorgan
IGI batch 7218520
sheet 99 Film 0820441

Unfortunately it doesn't give any parents for Hannah as it seems to be concentrating on the Truscott family. It does say their their eldest daughter Ann was with the Jenkins family in 1841
 James and Ann Jenkins age 71, Thomas Jenkins 51, May and John 17, David 20
Is this Hannah's parents?

I will take another look in the morning unless someone else does it. :)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:33 GMT (UK) »
GEE wow wow again !! which census's are you meanig there Crisane?  I know Hannah's father was Wlter Jenkins of Trealey farm  and his son's past down the line of 3 Walters.. will hava look again.. where are you connected? through Jane? will try look up a few things noe then  please stay around tonight/ luv Di. 

Ok so you know Hannah's father and we are just trying to get Hannah born 1806 connected to Richard Jenkins born 1853?

I am not connected in anyway to this family. I just saw your post and thought I would take a look.
However there appears to be a couple of people on ancestry.com who have these people in their tree and have followed Hannah and George's children through the censuses and their marriages etc.  If you would like me to contact them for you send me a pm.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Walter Jenkins 1727 married Susannah Kennet 1725- 1806
Their son Walter 1767 - 15 feb 1838 married Elizabeth Allen 12 Feb 1796 she was age 29
Their children
James Jenkins1797 – 1854
Elizabeth Jenkins 1798 – 1819
Walter Jenkins 1800 – 1854
Robert Jenkins 1801 – 1820
Maria Jenkins 1803 – 
Mary Jenkins 1805 – 
John Jenkins 1806 – 1806
Susannah Jenkins 1808 – 1876
Hannah Jenkins 1812 – 
Love Jenkins 1814 – 1874

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 January 11 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Gee criscane  i nearly by passed this message  i get a litle confused on these sites;; yeh, i realize there are many Truscott families who are mainly going into their side of the Truscott tree,,, have been in contact with a few  1 being a lady living in s, Africa.. and a couple of others[ i helped them into my Jenkins side of things last year... I feel sorry that you are not of my line.. but I can look up the mary/benjamin thing 2 morrow as i may have something on them in my written files... luv Di.  x

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 January 11 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi again criscane.. there were 2 Jenkins's in Cwncarvon.... that married into each family...one was a middle name throughout as in[ WOOD JENKINS]  Yes you have all my correct names there Hannahs siblings.. Hannah was my great ,great great great grandmother, the daughter of Walter Jenkins,  The older Walter married Susahnah Kennet   I go back even further to the other 2 sides of their famniles too but is a lot to post in tonight.. luv Di...

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 January 11 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Di
so what it boils down to is that you have the info on your line followed through the Walters and now you want to take Benjamin back through the censuses to find his parents and further back to see if he is yours?
You are also trying to connect with others who belong to this line?
Got to leave it till tomorrow.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 January 11 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi crisane, Yes that would be right . I will add some old history notes here for all to see, with the hopes that they could be helpfull to others.A Gent named John Lewis=his mother is Hannah Sophia daughter of George Truscott Jones,son of Hannah Sophia Truscott daughter of George Truscott and 'Hannah Jenkinswho [she] was born in Llangyfelach ab;1810  she died DTHS 99%Truscott Hannah 56 SWANSEA11a 357 George Truscott died 1870 age 64.[there was a mis spelling of the name from Truscott to' Trupert' in the 1861 census;approx date only of Hannah was 1810/11/or 1812[very confusing here] although the daughters name was also Hannah,their children while Hannah was 33 yrs old, were Amelia 5 yrs, James2, John 9 months.[71 George sub reg,district Llandilo ed ins,or vessel 1d household schedule no 71]George Truscott44 Hannah
 jenkins Truscott 33.
Catherine Jenkins Truscott 8 Hannah Jenkins Truscott 6 Amelia Jenkins Truscott 16, George 14, John10, Charles 2. Edmund Clemo Jenkins[ Trupert]2, Charles 13, George Trupert 54, Hannah Trupert 49 John Jenkins Trupert 20, Hannah Sophias Jenkins Trupert 16 Mary Jenkins Trupert 8 dths; Hannah, 56 SWANSEA 11 a 357 George Truscot[mistake name Trupert] died 1870 age 64;
There is a small piece of history notes that was from the diaries of [Powel] name who mentioned [Walter Jenkins]  tennant  farm in USK; way back to the 1600's. Elizabeth Allen born 1765 married one of theWalters] she was suposed to have been Hannah's mother but still hard to confirm that as yet! Elizabeth lived in Trealey farm, Monmouthshire, I have all her childrens names inc; Hannah born in Llangyfelach.  Hopefully I will get some response here to add to my links... best wishes to you, from Diane.