Author Topic: Ellesmer parish records  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Ali M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Ellesmer parish records
« on: Sunday 30 January 11 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
can anyone please tell me whether there are parish records for Ellesmere that go back before 1630 for baptisms and c1655 for marriages. It would also be great to find some burial records.

I've just got some of my Mullineux family wills and they take me back before the records on the IGI

I'm quite happy to purchase therecords if they exist.  Otherwise if some kind soul could look up some C17 Ellesmere Mullineux    burials   for me  that would be a wonderful help also

many thanks indeed
Alison in Nelson NZ
Shropshire :  Mullineux, Vaughan, Middle
Lancashire: Neale and variants, Edwards
Warwickshire: Lapworth
Devon: Hamblin(g), Cleverley, Jarvis
Oxfordshire: Castle, Haynes, Eden
Northants: Gibbins
Staffs:  Gilbert

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Ellesmer parish records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 February 11 17:12 GMT (UK) »

Post all the info that you need looking up and when I next go to the Shropshire Archives I'll see what I can find :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 February 11 17:16 GMT (UK) »

Mmmmm....I've just checked the Archives website to see what records they hold for Ellesmere and the earliest for baptisms is 1679 and marriages 1685 :(

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline Ali M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ellesmer parish records Francis Mullinex
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 February 11 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for your offer.    I had a feeling that there weren't any earlier parish records available though!

Maybe I should re shape my query  -

Is anyone out there also researching  Mullineux/ Mulliners in Ellesmere/Wem?
 I'm looking for the family of a Francis Mx/Mr of Ellesmere who left a 1660 will mentioning sons Roger, Joseph (overseas in the army), son Francis  daughter Mary married to a Mr Harrison, daughter Priscilla plus others in lost bits of the will.

This would make perfect sense if it were the will of his son Francis (who was still alive at least in 1681  ???)

To make it more confusing this older Francis also seems to have a 1669 will where he only mentions his wife Elizabeth.  This second will is certainly his and makes sense. 

Does anyone else have this family on their tree and can make sense of them?

Many thanks, Alison

Offline Ali M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ellesmere parish records
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 February 11 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello again "Lloydy"

I've just noticed you have  Challenor etc as one of your family names.  This exasperating Francis Mx of mine married Elizabeth Chalnor in Wem in 1607.  She is the 1584 daughter of George C. a cowper. 
Is this part of your family also? 

best wishes
Alison

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 February 11 22:15 GMT (UK) »

Hello :)

My Challenor/Challinor line originate in Chester, then to Holt, Denbighshire, Shocklach, Cheshire and finally end up in Newtown, Montgomeryshire.  No connection with Wem :(

Sorry I can't help with your Mullineux/Mulliners lot, but have you checked the Surnames Interest Table?  At the top of this page in the list of icons (with the green leaves), click on Surnames and you will be able to search to see which other Rootschat members are researching your names, if any.

If you haven't done so already, add your own surnames to the list......you never know who else could be searching :)

Good luck
Jan

Offline Ali M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 February 11 22:31 GMT (UK) »
many thanks Jan,
I'll do just that

good luck with your own research
Alison