Author Topic: Alexander George Moore  (Read 6018 times)

Offline tonyham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander George Moore
« Reply #18 on: Monday 31 January 11 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both, that's been a fantastic help.
Hamerton, Hammerton, Mountgarrett, Mortimer

Offline Hmackie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 February 15 23:48 GMT (UK) »
I always wanted to know what happened to Lavender.

My mother (a cousin once removed) used to get Lavender's hand-me-downs and they were the only hand-me-downs she didn't mind getting.  The most beautiful clothes in their original boxes and wrapped in tissue paper.

She ran off and married somebody that the family disapproved off and was, I assume, disowned.  My mother never heard of her again. 

I was sorry to see she died quite young but I hope her life was a happy one.  She made a courageous choice to leave a very comfortable situation so I wonder what was behind that - must have been quite a story.

Offline Hmackie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 March 15 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony
Sorry for the long delay in replying.  I asked my aunt about your mother and she's very interested to hear more about her. She was only six at the time of your mother's the marriage and doesn't remember it but did know that Lavender dropped completely off the radar at the time and has the same story as I do.  It's interesting how gossip will change things around.

If you're interested I can tell you what I know about the Moore's although it's obviously mainly hearsay but it might provide you some insight into your mother's upbringing.

I would also be really interested in seeing the wedding photographs and although I probably won't recognize anybody I'm sure my aunt will.  Also I would really like to see a picture(s) of your mother. 

Regards

Hugh Mackie

Offline tonyham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 March 15 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Dear Hugh,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and I would certainly be interested in any information concerning the Moores and my mother's early life.
You have just caught me in a very busy week, trying to tidy up several business things before a 10 day ski trip, but I will certainly write at length on my return and will send several photographs of my mother.
Please bear with me and I hope to get back to you by the end of this month.
With regards, Tony Hamerton.
Hamerton, Hammerton, Mountgarrett, Mortimer