Author Topic: Help needed RE Clark Family  (Read 2427 times)

Offline keith77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed RE Clark Family
« on: Monday 31 January 11 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, needing help again  ;D i'm trying to locate any information about my Grandfather Peter Gibson Clark Born 17/05/29 Moffat Scotland, after speaking with my mum we have hit a brick wall, we have no idea who his parents were or if he had any siblings he ran away from home and joined the Royal Navy any help would be appreciated
Keith

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed RE Clark Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 January 11 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

You will only find out about his parents by ordering the birth cert for your grandfather. There is only one entry showing on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk There is only one Peter Gibson Clark showing on SP, so happens the details all match what you have so a sure bet it is likely to be his birth entry.

Scottish birth certs will include full details on parents' names and also date and place of their marriage to help you work back.

Regarding possible siblings, this is where it gets tricky on RootsChat. Possibility some siblings could still be alive and living relative details are not allowed to be posted here on RootsChat. If someone does recognise his name, the best (and only) way to contact you would be via the PM service here on RC.

Regarding working back on his line, ordering his birth cert would let you start to do this  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keith77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 11 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica
Many thanks for taking the time to look and help me i know this sounds really stupid but how do i order his birth cert and who would i speak to?
thanks agian
Keith

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 January 11 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

Have you registered yet on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk? It is free to register, you then need to purchase units (min. £6GB for 30 units) to view search results. If so, you can order the extract directly from the search results screen there and pay for it at the time of ordering. Currently, an extract of a certificate via SP costs £10GB (cheaper than ordering directly through the GROS). See here for an indication of costs when ordering certificates www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/family-records/leaflet-s2-2011.pdf

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline grievemarion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 February 13 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Monica
Many thanks for taking the time to look and help me i know this sounds really stupid but how do i order his birth cert and who would i speak to?
thanks agian
Keith

Offline grievemarion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 February 13 21:41 GMT (UK) »
hi keith77 came accross this accedently ur looking for my late grandmother who died on 16 august 1977  my mother has a lot of information which could be helpful to you what relationship are you to grant and june and heather lookforward to hearing from you i am called after gran
marion

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 September 21 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Marian,

We received your email this morning, I have just sent you a new password so that you can access your account.

I am sorry that Keith did not reply to your messages here from 2013, he was last online in 2018 hopefully he will pick up on this new update.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk