Author Topic: Bodelwyddan(St Margaret) Churchyard  (Read 4769 times)

Offline conference

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Bodelwyddan(St Margaret) Churchyard
« on: Sunday 06 June 04 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hello

Is there anyone out there who has a digital camera and lives somewhere near to the above churchyard.
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could take a shot of the grave of Doris QUANE. The reference number of the plot is H22 if that helps.
Thank you

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re:Bodelwyddan(St Margaret) Churchyard
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 June 04 12:46 BST (UK) »
I think St Margarets is known locally as "the marble church", if I remember rightly. Whereas its not a massive churchyard, there are quite a few graves there.

I'm flying home on the 18th June  and have to pass through Bodelwydden.

Have you got a layout of the churchyard showing where H22 is? I'll then stop on my way through and take a photo.

D ap D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline conference

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 June 04 19:13 BST (UK) »
thanks for replying D ap D . I am trying to get a plan of the place. If I get one before you are due back I will pass it on

Offline conference

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 June 04 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hello D ap D

I have not been able to find the location of the grave as yet. However, I spoke to the Rev G B Hughes this morning and he said that if you phone him the day before he would be pleased to show you around. His number is 01745 583034. He did say that the military part of the churchyard is quite small and is easy to find your way about. I still got other irons in the fire, so may be I can come up with the plan before you get back.

Offline poppypiper

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bodelwyddan(St Margaret) Churchyard
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 April 06 20:09 BST (UK) »
DORIS QUANE.  Her grave is among the many who died of influenza in 1918-19.   It is well kept.
I am at present researching the 'mutiny that took place in Kinmel Park Camp in 1919.   There are vicious rumours that some of the lads buried near to Doris were SHOT FOR MUTINY.   This is not true and I have documentation to prove it.
On the 11th November 2006, I will be holding small but very special service at the graves and hope to place a wreath in honour of Doris and another nurse buried near to her.
Bill Jenkins
Liverpool

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bodelwyddan(St Margaret) Churchyard
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 July 13 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you had the photo of Doris's grave

Alf