Author Topic: Michael McDaid - Donegal - "Bloody Sunday" ( COMPLETE)  (Read 17508 times)

Offline Anne Walker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Michael McDaid - Donegal - "Bloody Sunday" ( COMPLETE)
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 February 18 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Just emailed you Anne
My dads family was also in Illies
Do you know their nickname in the illies?
Actually its my grannys family that are from the illies was just talking to my daddy but will be talking to my mum later and see what i can find out  :) give me a couple of hours
checked my email, nothing there

Offline Anne Walker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 February 18 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Just emailed you Anne
My dads family was also in Illies
Do you know their nickname in the illies?
Actually its my grannys family that are from the illies was just talking to my daddy but will be talking to my mum later and see what i can find out  :) give me a couple of hours
checked my email, nothing there
Granda McDaid definitely from the Illies, i sent you a pm but didn't receive an email from you, hopefully chat soon

Anne

Offline Linda Houston

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 July 20 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, there are a large number of different McDaid families in Derry (mostly from the Bogside). My branch is from Derry although going back a few generations (my great-great-grandfather) was Arthur McDaid and was one of three brothers- one called Bernard, and one called Patrick. Patrick and all his subsequent family lived and were born in Derrora townland (near Letterkenny). Arthur and Bernard's family were all in Derry although remember Derry was part of Donegal not so long ago! the border only went up in the 20th century.....
Not sure if this is any help Linda