Author Topic: Pepper and Richardson  (Read 17090 times)

Offline maxitup1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pepper and Richardson
« Reply #117 on: Thursday 03 March 11 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi ... I'm back  ;D

Searching for Patience Richardson to tie up some loose ends was sending me to an early grave  :P
I decided to rest it and change tact completely and researched some of the Pepper family  :D
Yep I've hit another gluey patch  :o  so I'm back on the Patience Richardson hunt  ;)

Thanks very much Toni* for your searching, I have a very tangled web of family history  :-\

Cheers Dave  ;D

Offline Tia-marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Friday 01 April 11 18:05 BST (UK) »
I have only found this post last week and only the week before discovered the same information as the others regarding Fanny Pepper.  Her eldest daughter Mary Jane Pepper was my husbands Great grandmother.  I thought she had all the children by Larkin before marrying him never thought that they might have different fathers.  Looks like we may be on the same trail.

Offline Tia-marie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Monday 11 April 11 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave (maxitup1966)

I can't reply to your message as I have only done one post and it won't let me. Re the Pepper/Larkin relationship.  My husband's G Grandmother was Mary Jane Pepper who was Fanny Pepper's oldest child (born 18/11/1873) as far as I can make out. 

I have Fanny's marriage cert dated 02/02/1889 which gave her father's name as Stephen Pepper, George's father as James Larkings and is witnessed by Frederick Larkin and Emily Larkin (not sure who these are).  I also have Mary Jane Pepper's marriage certificate which gives her father as George Larkings so I am not sure if this is because she is living with him (at 81 and half All Saints Street) or if he really was her father which I guess would also make all the other Pepper/Larking children his.

With this I think I have tracked George back to 1851 living at the above address and Fanny back to 1861 but as I have only just started to look at my husband's side of the family I am still working on it all.  Please let me know if you need any information on the above or if you want copies of what I have found.

regards
Tina

Offline maxitup1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday 13 April 11 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Tina
I'm guessing that George was listed as Mary Jane father for the benefit of the marriage certificate.  I suppose the only sure way to check is by sending off for a copy of her birth certificate and see who's named as the father.  Was George married before ???

If you can scan and email me the certificates that would be great ... but if you haven't got access to a scanner don't worry :)

Are you using ancestry.co.uk for your tree ??

Cheers Dave

Offline mandy65

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Monday 18 July 16 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave spoke to you before about this through Jackie my cousin not sure if you remember. Anyway my mother told me emma who was married to John t Richardson that one of mums aunts told her emmas parents were Irish also John was known as just Tom also he's nickname was Crockser and he's brother was Bill Richardson .you probably know all this but my son has been researching the family tree.JT and Emma were my great grandparents also, apparently mum said Emma was always outside with her sleeves rolled up fighting him (must be the Irish blood)lol and he was a complete swine by all accounts.hope this helps if I find anything else will let you know. Emmas parents were Esther and Edgar bowra and had 5 children called Frederick W , Fanny, George A, Percy john and Emma.we think JT richardsons parents were george born 1815 and hanna born 1821 and they had 8 children named hanna,george b,mary t,william,ralph l,joseph,george s and john but it looks like hanna had 4 children before hooking up with george we think .her maiden name was barkas

Offline maxitup1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday 20 July 16 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy
I have Emma born Hastings 1884. 
Her mother Esther born Piltdown, Sussex 1857 and her father Edgar born Sevenoaks Kent 1858. 
Edgars father William was also born in Sevenoaks in 1817 and Edgars mother Anne was from Chiddingstone Kent.

I'm guessing Emma's paternal family were from the Kent area certainly after the early 1800's?
Emma's maternal grandparents may have been Irish but I don't have a birth or marriage certificate so I don't know her maiden/family name?

I think Emma's eldest brother named Edgar after his father either died at birth or before his 1st birthday so Frederick became her eldest brother born 2 years before her in 1882.  He died the year before we were born in 1964 so your mum would remember him!

As for John Thomas Richardson I have his parents as George Richardson born Hastings 1846 & Jane McDermott born Hastings 1847.
I think your George born 1815 and Hannah born 1821 is JT Richardsons grandparents as your George would have been a father at 66 LOL !!

I've sent you a private message with my contact details Mandy :-)