Author Topic: trying to find information on the joyce family  (Read 8569 times)

Offline KROBER53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trying to find information on the joyce family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Dorothy(?)
I just signed onto Rootschat for the first time today and immediately noticed your post from 2011. If I am correct James Drummond Joyce was my great grandfather. He died in Vancouver B.C. Canada on April 9, 1949 and was born on December 1, 1867. His wife was Lillias. I never met her but Mabel was my Grandmother. I knew Mary, Bill and Dave. They are buried in Prospect Cemetery in Toronto.
If that is correct I have all the information about the family in Canada. I can see from the other posts that we are talking about the same people.
Can I ask why you are looking? I see Susan sent you his death registration, was it #49-09-003965?
I hope you still monitor this website.
Best regards, Ken

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Ken! Welcome to Rootschat!
Dorothy/dotinozz has not been active for a long time, but I have sent her a private message anyway just in case notification is off. She also may have changed her email over the past few years as well, which means she won't get anything on this thread unless she finds it again in an online search, just as you have done!
In the meantime, you may want to head for the beginners section, do some reading up on how to use the site, and start a thread to do some seaches of your own.

all the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline KROBER53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 May 15 00:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you J.J.
I see I missed some punctuation. I new my Grandmother, she died in 1978. I did not know her mother Lillias. She died before I was born. If Dotozz (Dorothy) or one of her other contacts responds I'm sure I can fill in all the blanks about Canada for her.
Regards, Ken