Author Topic: Harding's of Lower Newcastle  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Rosaleen09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harding's of Lower Newcastle
« on: Thursday 03 February 11 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi am needing some help please... ??? ???

I am trying to research relatives from Lower Newcastle.  The details I know are as follows and if anyone can help fill in the gaps I would be extremely grateful.

My grandfather was one Patrick Harding Dob approx 1872 / death 24/03/1930 = he was the sexton in lower newcastle where he lived with his wife Elizabeth Jane Harding (nee Hunt) DOB approx 1878 / death 28/04/1958.
On the 1911 census it is listed they had 5 children , 4 living - Margaret Jane,  William James, Richard Thomas and Anna Mary - however I believe two more children where concieved as their names appear on the death certs - George and Lilly?

My Mother was Anna Mary Harding dob 1909 who married one Robert Bailey - they had four children :

(*) dob 1934

(*) 1935 - believed now deceased

(*)1938 - married and  emigrated to United States

Alan Bailey dod 22/10/1940

At somepoint my mother Anna Bailey put the four named children in a care home callled Mrs Smyly's Homes and Schools in Dublin ?? And she moved to Liverpool.  This was where she had myself and my older brother (*).  I belive that once she had established herself in Liverpool she then brought her children over to to liver with her.

(*) was given the family of Bailey - and I was put up for adoption.  This is why I keep hitting dead ends... I would really like to get in touch with any living relatives and be able to put a name to faces as I never met my mother or siblings  ???

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline wicklow way

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harding's of Lower Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 11 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosaleen09,
Welcome to Rootschat, I'm sure you will get plenty of help here!

The only information I can help you with is Elizabeth Jane Hunt. She was Baptised in Delgany (COI) in 1877. Her father was James Hunt and her mother Eliza Metcalf. James was a horse trainer.
If you try Familysearch.org and enter James and Elizas names you will find other children belonging to them. Also, Rootsireland.ie will help you locate any baptisms for James and Elizas children. It is a pay per view site at a cost of 5.00 euro for one cert or less for a set.

Good Luck with your search, I hope you find what your looking for.

Wicklow way :)

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 February 11 19:06 GMT (UK) »
http://www.smylytrust.ie/index.php?page=history

If you haven't been in touch with them already?

Offline TedH

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 February 17 13:56 GMT (UK) »
I am Edward, known as Ted, eldest son of the late Richard Thomas Harding so I know a bit about your mother's generation and ours.  Maybe I can help.
A family Bible in Ireland shows Emily, George, Marion and Lily after the ones you mention.
I understand there was another daughter who died quite young.
(I think I have to do three posts before I can send PM)