Author Topic: Joseph PAVITT/PAVORD  (Read 13441 times)

Offline Bev campbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph PAVITT/PAVORD
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 14:28 BST (UK) »
sorry for the continued posts ,,, have 2 cousins  one in south Australia  and one in Sydney new south wales who are from pavitts.  there are also pavitt/etts living in Portland Victoria who are from said josephs children on is in his 90's ..
Rhoda  your descendant Thomas 1772  is the brother of joseph who is my descendant do you have Thomas's parents names as the names for joseph  are ann and Charles or joseph ?? also found that  they had a child Thomas in 1791no 439  who died in 1858  also confired Samuel in 1792  on 22/7 buried in 1824 dec 26  no 106 pg 14 all nether Compton dorset England

Offline Bev campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 April 18 15:17 BST (UK) »
Christopherchi, the bradfor abbas pavitts are  from William pavitt  baptised in nether compton married in Bradford abbas and had children in both  places  one of  whom is my ggg grandfather who came out to Australia   as a convict transported  to Tasmania Launceston      was deported  in 1842  on the ship Bolivia held in section 184 also his sons William and George  My gg grandfather came out on the bounty system on 9 dec 1842  came out unmarried on the Bolivia also  said to be able to read and write  but William could only read  paid wages of 15 pounds pa.  another William pavitt unassisted immigrand departed adelaid for Sydney  in 1858 on the vessel Robertina  father William and George moved to Victoria  around 1856 other pavitts saile on the monarch in 1850 almost died at sea some left ship in Hobart john and Elizabeth and their 8 sons3 daughters plus a Samuel farr eldest daughters fiancé.these were the first british settlers to  the area of Akaroa Harbour Hobart Tasmania.

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 19 April 18 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, Bev -- I think the two Williams, one bp. 1749 at Bradford Abbas (a son of Jonas & Luce Pavot/Pavitt) and yours bp. 1799 at Nether Compton (a son of Joseph & Grace Paverd/Pavord), are part of how the Pavords and Pavitts begin to seem interchangeable, but they are best regarded as distinct lines.  Your William is bp. as a Pavord, but when married to Elizabeth Hellyar at Bradford Abbas in 1820, he is suddenly recorded as a Pavitt (likely because whoever recorded the marriage was used to recording Pavitts!).  However, as noted in my earlier post, a couple of us working on these lines have yet to find a clear common forebear.  It has been frustrating since the two families come so close to one another in that Bradford Abbas marriage record, and as you note, in William & Elizabeth's residence there -- raising children (generally bp. as "Paverd") practically alongside the children of my 3rd GG Ann (Childs) Pavitt & husband John -- and in later records showing Pavords in Stoford -- practically next door.

If anyone has (or can find) an original source(s) -- a clear record -- that connects the two lines, that would be great and very helpful.  For the present, the Paffords in Canada and my family in the U.S. continue to hope for more DNA data that may at least give us an accurate picture of our respective ancestry in either clan!

If we could get Y-DNA data both from a male direct descendant of John Pavitt of Bradford Abbas, _and_ from a male direct descendant of Joseph Pavord of Nether Compton, that would be fantastic as it could not only address the Paffords' and my questions, but should also tell us whether the Bradford Abbas Pavitts and the Nether Compton (and Stoford) Pavords are at all closely related, or very distantly... or (possibly) not at all.

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 19 April 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
also came across a William lord pavitt born 16 oct 1831 in Hallingbury Essex baptised 28 dec 1832 Hatfield Heath Essex page 67 RG4 non conformist register married 16 nov 1854 wimbishsafron walden Essex Probably spelt wrong  wife was sarah ann hill.
also said his father was joseph pavitt mother Elizabeth .
also have a joseph pavitt 1752 barwick married  ann in 1777  died 1859  father Charles  ann born 1754 are these any relations

These are interesting -- in general the Essex Pavitts seem another separate bunch (I think I earlier mentioned the website "The Pavitts of Essex" which might offer some insight).  This Joseph (father of William Lord Pavitt) seems unlikely to be the one born about 1772 (in Stoford, if memory serves) as he would be -- if still living -- about 60.  But stranger things have happened.  I am working on 1772 Joseph at the moment and will post again if I find better info.

As to 1752 Joseph of Barwick, I think he's new to me but I have encountered so many Pavitts in two years of work that I'll go doublecheck my lists.

Offline Bev campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 20 April 18 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris  there are 3 of us who have done DNA which is how we found each other here in Australia . would it help if we sent you results?
regards Bev campbell

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 April 18 15:49 BST (UK) »
If the tests are of autosomal DNA, that would most certainly be of interest... and would require me to finally do my homework so I understand the tests & results better!  [I'm assuming that your individual test was probably _not_ done by Family Tree DNA, since I just zipped through about the top 1/3 of the 2,000-plus (!) matches on my FT DNA FamilyFinder list and didn't see your name.  If you did use FT, let me know and I'll comb through the rest of the list.] 

Another way to go, if you're willing to do it, would be to log the results on gedmatch.com -- which compares results across the several different outfits that do autosomal DNA tests -- and let their software do the work.

FYI I think gedmatch may also handle direct-maternal-line mitochondrial DNA tests, but in my case, it's the direct paternal, male-to-male Y-DNA that's most relevant.  (Those results can be compared across outfits using ysearch.org.)

Best email to use for me [I'll type it with "(dot)" and "(at)" as this is supposedly safer?] is probably christopher_childs (at) earthlink (dot) net.  Some people have reported difficulties with earthlink blocking emails even though my spam protection is minimal; if you get a bounce, try my gmail address, which should forward to one of my home emailboxes and circumvent Earthlink's sometimes-unneeded protection: spiritsterrain (at) gmail (dot) com .

Thanks!

Offline Bev campbell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 21 April 18 05:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,  No my DNA  was done through ancestry, is there anyway that I  can get my dna to you ?
I will check out ancestry  to see if I can get my results.
regards, Bev

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 21 April 18 05:59 BST (UK) »
I would very much hope that ancestry offers instructions for how to upload your results to gedmatch.com -- that would be the easiest way.

But even if you are just able to get the basic data in a form you can send me, I think what I would do first is forward it to Fred Pafford, who understands the science far better than I, and can probably interpret the results. 

I'm actually right in the middle of composing an email to Fred and I'll ask what he recommends.

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 22 April 18 01:36 BST (UK) »
Bev -- Fred isn't sure whether ancestry offers instructions on uploading to GEDMatch.com, but he says the GEDMatch site gives good instructions for uploading results from any DNA test.  So hopefully that wouldn't be too hard.

But if you want to send me results I will do my best to interpret them, and can forward them to Fred for his more-experienced interpretation.

I'll also send him the URL for this thread in case he wants to chime in here.