Author Topic: Hamilton Edgar  (Read 7649 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton Edgar
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 February 11 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi noraa,
              Welcome to Rootschat and I think that your question is fine. I cannot remember where I found the birth but I have checked on another site, the Ulster Historical Foundation. I entered the parents names and it comes up with three children,
1899 Margaret ( Iwas wrong on my initial posting)
1900 Bertha Jane
1900 Jane Anna (a twin)

I think that I initially found the marriage of W. Hamilton Edgar on a subscription site and from that found the mother's name. 17 Aug 1898 William Hamilton Edgar to Elizabeth Martin in Bailiesmills Reformed Presbyterian Church, Lisburn.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline noraa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 20 February 11 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Kingskerswell

Thank you for the information you supplied. It is much appreciated. I hadn't used the UHF site before and it is good that they are willing to provide so much info on the free search. I can then be sure that purchased credits will not be wasted. Thanks again.

Offline Bo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 July 11 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I don't know if this is still ongoing AND I don't want to confuse anyone further but I also have Hamilton Edgar in my family line.

I don't know how to do links but I posted in the Scottish section under Lanarkshire and you may want to read the posts there.

It really is convuluted so I don't want to add anything just now but I'm happy to assist if i can  :)

See: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,428378.msg3244597.html

Offline Jardiner

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 January 18 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi there. I just viewed this posting today and was intrigued by it's contents. The father of my Great Grandmother Margaret King (nee Edgar) was Hamilton Edgar. and he was married at least 3 times. 1st to Jane Rowan, then Ann Jane Malloy (nee Legate) in Newry, Co Down and then Joan Donaldson (nee Campbell) in Dundee 1895. He had other children and one was Minnie Edgar who married Alexander Donaldson and emigrated to Canada in 1916. The problem is the confusion surrounding the children in relationship to who their mother was as in many cases it was only the name of the father given. Hope this helps and I would be interested in sharing more info if it's connected.

MK