Author Topic: brazil  (Read 5030 times)

Offline Aussie_trekkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Kevin Martin Irish Olympic Team 1948 &1952
    • View Profile
brazil
« on: Friday 04 February 11 17:49 GMT (UK) »
I have Jeremiah Brazil married to Sarah (Sally) Conroy 1825, He was a tailor and was born about 1808  I am looking for his birth record and also his wifes.  Any suggestions
Martin-O'Byrne- Hayes-Rohan-O,Brien-Cullen,Flood-Kavanagh-Thompson-McFee-Brazil-Mitchell

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: brazil
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 11 18:10 GMT (UK) »
what parish did the marriage take place in ?

that would seem like the place to start a search for baptisms of Jeremiah and Sarah. Do the records go back far enough ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Aussie_trekkie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 February 11 18:39 GMT (UK) »
mountmellick  i believe
Martin-O'Byrne- Hayes-Rohan-O,Brien-Cullen,Flood-Kavanagh-Thompson-McFee-Brazil-Mitchell

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 February 11 18:40 GMT (UK) »
mountmellick  i believe

have you located a parish record for the marriage ?

RC or Church of Ireland ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Aussie_trekkie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 February 11 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane
I can't find where I got this date from but I visited St Joseph Mountmellick last year and I think that is where I got it .
I have discovered a lot more since I returned to Australia about the area my ancestors came from.
There was also a St Joseph at Rosnallis I believe and the St Joseph that is in Mountmellick now was originally the parish of St Peters. I got this from research so I hope it is correct.
Do you know if there are any records for the RC church St Peter ?
Was  the old Rosnallis RC church a St Joseph too & any records availabe pre 1840.

The current church is build on the old Conroy Distillery and I could do with information on that too if anyone has it
Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 February 11 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I would start by trying to work out where you located the marriage as a first step to narrow down the possibilities.

Do the clues you have from certs etc show Mountmellick as the place of marriage and/or birth for Jeremiah and Sarah ?

RC Baptism and marriage records for Mountmellick go back to 1814, but there are a few gaps.

Shane
My Surname Interests