Author Topic: George GOODMAN  (Read 110139 times)

Offline tsukimoon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George GOODMAN
« Reply #612 on: Friday 13 February 15 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Just wanted to say hi!  My 5th Great Grandfather was Thomas Goodman, married to Zylpah.  Our line comes down through his son James, then down to Elizabeth Ann...

Absolutely fascinating stuff! :)

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: Saturday 14 February 15 12:10 GMT (UK) »
A very warm welcome to Roots tsukimoon from me & I'm sure I can say all on this thread.  :D

Please shout if there is anything you need help with & I know the Goodman researchers will welcome any new blood. ;D

All the best
Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: Saturday 14 February 15 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi tsukimoon, delighted to have you on roots, welcome welcome. Yes, as Maddie mentioned, if you do have any information at all it would be great to see it. I will have to have a look on my tree to see exactly where your line is. There are some Goodman trees on ancestry if you want to have a look at the information to date. I can send you a PM if you like re my own tree.

Offline 1783caz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: Saturday 14 February 15 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant !!! ....weve got another one thats found us all ... slowly were all find our Goodman lot . :D

tsukimoon ...glad you found it all ...Thomas Goodman is also my 5x great grandfather then i come down from James his son to the next James ...
Weve got quite a few of different lines weve found over time ... If you are on facebook then by all means join the group ...."Goodmans of wiltshire and west herts genealogy "  its where im putting all the stuff we find (other than ancestry for those who dont have it ) and a place all parts of the lines can keep/meet in one place ...

Offline scoak

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: Sunday 15 February 15 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi tsukimoon
Good to 'meet' you!
Thomas and Zylpha GOODMAN were my X4 great grandparents
I am descended from James 1801
his son James 1831
his son Arthur 1865
Arthur's daughter was my granny Mary Ann Emma GOODMAN 1892.

With other GOODMANS (Brenda, Maddie and Caz etc )we have been working together to try and find Thomas' parents.  No luck yet-  but not for want of trying. We are not giving up yet and it will be a day to celebrate when we finally track them down.
Kind regards
Sandra

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: Tuesday 17 February 15 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I was "walking around 1901 Batchworth" yesterday and, as occasionally happens, spotted a Goodman.
3 actually.
Henry Wm (or Wm H) "the baker, Frederick and Lily.

The interesting thing is that they were in a pub, The Queens Head (long gone from the bottom of Batchworth Hill).
Using Kevan's resources . . . . .
http://pubshistory.com/HertsPubs/Rickmansworth/QueensHead.shtml
The really interesting thing is not just that he (WHG) is there but that he is actually listed (1901C) as "b-in-law"
and the 2x children listed as nephew and niece (to Mr Pearce).
Looking back down the years (but up the list) the surnames of Nichols and Peachey are also "related"

Of course, you are all going to say = "Yeah know all that"
Hey ho, I enjoyed it anyway  ;D

Ray

ps1
Birth   Jun 1890 Watford 3a 571 Frederick William Goodman               
Birth   Dec 1891 Watford 3a 582 Lily Minnie R Goodman
Death Jun 1894 Watford 3a 297 Priscilla Ann Goodman ( 37y )
Marr   Jun 1876 St. Saviour 1d 63
Henry William Goodman / Priscilla Ann Puddephatt

ps2
Welcome to the recent recruits, and for their benefit, I am not a Goodman, just a happy helper.
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: Tuesday 17 February 15 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray

So as not to confuse any one who happens to look at this thread, ;D those Goodman's you have found are from my Uncle's family & sadly nothing to do with Thomas & Zylpha or their offspring on the thread. Just another incident of the same name but not the same family & in Ricky too. ;) :D

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: Thursday 19 February 15 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you Ray and Maddie for your comments re the Thomas and Zylpah Goodman family. I have noted that connection with Pearce and Goodman before. I wondered if Pearce is an Irish name as there does seem to be quite a few Goodman marriages with Irish folk, through the centuries. It is good to have information re Henry 'the baker' and family, as it helps to cancel out folk, if nothing else. Please keep digging, when you get a moment, as we may still manage to unearth a connection.

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: Saturday 25 April 15 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, its not that I don't love you any more, but I have not had an unstuck moment to report for such a long time. The photo of the chap with the cap, the one that I found in my parents house, was not a Goodman, according to my cousin. He recognised a likeness with my grandmother's family. That was the Heffernan side, my dad's mother.