Author Topic: 53 Hartwood Road  (Read 3279 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 53 Hartwood Road
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Carol....I remember the Ideal Laundry when I was a boy...so it was still going late 1950`s early 1960`s....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that Allan. I am struggling to find any information on the Ideal Laundry, my ggg aunt died in 1937 a few years before the house was destroyed. I am not sure in what capacity she was running the laundry, owner or managing. She left quite a large sum of money to her sister Nelly, I am wondering if perhaps the laundry had something to do with this.
Thank you for your interest.
Carol
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline suttking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
The Ideal Laundry is in my directory in Brook Street Crossens. The managing director is listed as G.H. Hibbott. He/She is not listed elsewhere in the book, so I can only assume lived outside the town.
There is an advert for the Laundry, if you would like it, send me your email on a PM and I will try to scan a copy.
Paul.
King, Liverpool, Dent, Lunds
Jones, Liverpool,Hawarden,Llanarmon
Simpson, Bethnal Green
Marins, Liverpool

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 30 March 11 19:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you Paul
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle

Offline Kevinsky

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 September 17 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hello, I saw the reference to the Ideal Laundry, Crossens, Southport; my dad was the manager of the drycleaning dept there from 1950 up to about 1960-61. The man in charge in the 50s was called Watmough; when he died he was replaced by (Arthur?) Taylor. We lived in the house down the path from the laundry, at 68 Brook St. The laundry seems to have gone into liquidation in about 1970; there are some sparse details on the 'net. I still know a couple of people whose parents worked there; if I can be of any use, let me know. I see it's a while since you first put the notice up. Kevin