Author Topic: St. Marys Roman Catholic Parish, Boherbue, County Cork.  (Read 18064 times)

Offline TracyFromAus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St. Marys Roman Catholic Parish, Boherbue, County Cork.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 July 13 04:05 BST (UK) »
I would be most interested if you received any replies to your request,  as my Jane Elizabeth Walsh born about 1806 is from  the same parish. I wonder if your Mary and my Jane are related in any way. I saw on one website that the church records for St Mary's only from 1830 onwards.
I would love to find out more. Jane emigrated on the Edward Coulston from Liverpool in 1833 in response to an advert in the Cork Constitution calling for young unmarried females 18-13 to come to Australia.
Cheers Tracy

Hi there!
              I wonder if there is a link to research the records at St. Marys Roman Catholic Church, Boherbue, County Cork.
Having all but given up on researching my Irish ancestors I have come across a Mary Walsh and a John Twomey in that parish and although the surname I have for John is "Tomney" I thought it near enough to have a look at it.
My Mary Walsh was born abt 1817 and John abt 1821.
If I can find that a Mary Walsh and a John Twomey (Tomney) married in that parish then I am home and dry, at least that is my hope.
They were definitely Roman Catholic and had three children - Mary born 1836, Elizabeth born 1840 and John born 1848 when my great grandfather Edward Stephen was born 1849 on Spike Island , County Cork. (The whole family were on Spike in John's business capacity of clothiers broker, but moved to England by the 1851 census which just gives Ireland as their place of birth except for Edward Stephen who I know was born on Spike Island.)
I have tried before to nail them down to a parish and this is the closest I have got so if anyone can help I would be most grateful,
Jean.
ADAMSON, AINSLIE, ALEXANDER, ALLEN, BEATON, COCKBURN, DICK, FERGUSON, GILLESPIE, PATERSON, RODGER, SMITH, THOMSON, WALKER, SHEPHERDSON, LISTER, MILNER, WARD, DRING, WHARTON, COULTAS, BANKS, RINGROSE, STONEHOUSE, GROWTRORP, TOD OR TODD, GRIMSHAW, RANER, ODDY, RIVIS, SMITH, ANDERSON, MOODY, WILSON, FLETCHER, MILKINS, PARISH, EMERY, WALSH, HARES, BURNARD, HODDER, WESTLAKE, COX, CULLIFORD, GAYLARD, BROADFORD, SNELL, MARKS  FINLAND SODERHOLM

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: St. Marys Roman Catholic Parish, Boherbue, County Cork.
« Reply #10 on: Monday 22 July 13 12:52 BST (UK) »

For Guiding Spirit,

I wonder if you saw this baptism on the Irish genealogy website.

It's a baptism for a John Tomney -  parents John Tomney & Mary Walsh.
The baptism took place at St. Nicholas RC church , Dublin on 7th August 1848.

http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/bc43580325810

If you can't see it on the above link , just go into www.irishgenealogy.ie and put Tomney in
Surname search.   You can also go into the actual church records.

I don't know if I sent you this information previously???

To Celtlaw,  Boherboy/Boherbue is a long way from Carrigaline.  There is also a church in
Carrigaline named St. Marys. ?????

To Tracy from Aus are you sure your Walsh family came from Boherbue ( known in the 1800's
as Boherboy)??

Mary
Celtic Liberty

Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,