Author Topic: ***Shropshire Archives Visit DATE TO BE ADVISED - Look Up Offers***  (Read 19490 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
***Shropshire Archives Visit DATE TO BE ADVISED - Look Up Offers***
« on: Friday 11 February 11 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello All :)

I'm off to the Archives again on the DATE TO BE ADVISED.

I am more than happy to do some look ups for all you Shropshire researchers, so please post nice clear and concise requests here in this thread please :) 

Do not start a separate thread on the main board because I'll probably miss it!

No original material requests, as I won't have time to go into the Reading Room.

I would be grateful if you could be quite specific, not too general, otherwise it will take me hours to do just one!!!! ;D

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire Archives Visit 26th March - Look Up Offers
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 20:08 GMT (UK) »
I'd be interested to know what the 1831 census of St. Julians contains in the way of information.
Ref. is P256/L/6/1 but have no idea whether this is on microfilm or an original document.

Peter
Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline DMC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

You so kindly looked up for me the marriage details on your last visit of the same Thomas Gad.  Thanks again much appreciated.
I was wondering if you could possibly look up the birth of the same Thomas Gad/Gadd.  By the 1841 - 1881 census he was born abt. 1816 but by his marriage info being married in 1823 that would have made him 7 years old when married. Found an 1816 entry on LDS for 31 March 1816 Market Drayton father Richard mother Ann, Source Film #1526899 which I thought might have been him. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find out parents names.  All the census have him residing at Market Drayton so I was thinking that perhaps born same area.  I know people were baptised sometimes well after being born but not that many years surely.
If too involved I understand.
Jones, Davies, Harris, Price, Monmouthsire, Breconshire, Glamorgan.
Richards-Swansea,GLAM
Gadd-Jerusalem, TAS, Aus/Helensburgh, Aus

Offline DMC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Lloydy,

Regarding my last post, just to make it clearer.  The request to look up birth of Thomas Gad to see if the 1816 birth date was possibly 1806 not 1816.  Hope that is clearer.

DMC
Jones, Davies, Harris, Price, Monmouthsire, Breconshire, Glamorgan.
Richards-Swansea,GLAM
Gadd-Jerusalem, TAS, Aus/Helensburgh, Aus

Offline Bonnie65

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 March 11 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Lloydy

Can I please have another request.

The birth of William Stokes Feb 1731 Kinlet, and Esther Lloyd 1731 Cleobury Mortimer.

Also can you confirm the Marriage of these two is 28 Nov 1764 Kinlet.

Thank you so much

June
Russell    Staffs Kent London
Seagers  London
Herbert  Birmingham London
Gibbons  London
Hoy        Stratford Essex  London
Ludwig   Germany London
White     London
Wiggett  Essex London
Jones     Shropshire Worcestershire
Stokes   Shropshire Worcestershire

Offline kate*k

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 March 11 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

Thanks for your kind offer.  If you have time would you have a look for two marriages for me please, I really want the maiden names of the two ladies and the date of each marriage.

I can only assume that the marriages took place at Lilleshall as all children were born/baptised there, so please only spend your time looking at the Lilleshall records.  I understand these are only available as transcripts.

The two marriages are:
Nathan Hope to Jane - first child, John, was baptised 9 July 1771.

Thomas Hope to Mary - first proven child, Jane was born in 1819 (no baptism found as yet) but possibly another child Ann born 1816.

Thank you Lloydy  :)
Kate

Offline dobbin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 March 11 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

I have a burial that took place on 16 Jun 1818 at Dawley Magna (Holy Trinity) for a Richard Whitehead. If at all possible, would you be able to look at this to see if the records give any further details re the grave or occupation or address or anything.  If this is too much for you I do understand. Thank you for a most kind offer.
Dobbin

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 March 11 09:09 GMT (UK) »
For my own info:-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,521680.0.html

Hi All

I am trying to find the birth details of the following siblings, hopefully they will also have the parents names.

Mary CHEADLE born c 1801 Dawley Magna, Shropshire
William CHEADLE born c. 1803 Dawley Magna, Shropshire
Ann CHEADLE born c. 1805 Shifnal, Shropshire

These approximate births were taken from Census 1841/1851.
Their father could be a William CHEADLE, all I have is a handwritten tree with the name W. CHEADLE
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 March 11 09:30 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone could take a minute to see if there is an ANN LANE baptised circa 1777 at Rowden please?
I am looking for her parents?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=521036.msg3767753#msg3767753