Author Topic: ***Shropshire Archives Visit DATE TO BE ADVISED - Look Up Offers***  (Read 19491 times)

Offline DMC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ***Shropshire Archives Visit 9th APRIL - Look Up Offers***
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Lloydy,

If possible can you please do a look up for me on the death of Thomas Gad March 1900 6a 636 and Elizabeth Gad Dec 1900 6a 457 both Market Drayton.  Any or all info much appreciated.
I thought I posted this but maybe to wrong thread.  Sorry if duplicated.

DMC
Jones, Davies, Harris, Price, Monmouthsire, Breconshire, Glamorgan.
Richards-Swansea,GLAM
Gadd-Jerusalem, TAS, Aus/Helensburgh, Aus

Offline skidmorecarol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Ever wish you hadn't told people you were going?!  If you have the time could you please look up a marriage for Shem Crumpton and Elizabeth Hodgkiss on 30 Sep 1805 at Madeley parish.  I'm hoping it will give me their father' names and also witness names.
I've never been able to go one step back for Shem and I'd be sooooooo grateful.

Many Thanx
Carol

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

If you should have a spare moment during your visit ( ! ) could you see if you can find any details of the birth/baptism of Charlotte Ellen Buttery around 1824 please?  Her father was Richard Buttery but that's all the information I have.

Thanks for reading
Heather
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras

Offline JustSusan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

If you have time, could you please look up the marriage of John Taylor and Mary Downing on 17 Mar 1832 at Madeley. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'm really hoping to find out Johns fathers name/occupation and the witnesses names, John has been my brickwall for many years!

Thank you
Susan

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 March 11 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Lloydy,

If possible can you please do a look up for me on the death of Thomas Gad March 1900 6a 636 and Elizabeth Gad Dec 1900 6a 457 both Market Drayton.  Any or all info much appreciated.
I thought I posted this but maybe to wrong thread.  Sorry if duplicated.

DMC

You will need to order the death certificates to get the information you need.  I can only look up burials in the registers.

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 March 11 20:44 GMT (UK) »

I'd be interested to know what the 1831 census of St. Julians contains in the way of information.
Ref. is P256/L/6/1 but have no idea whether this is on microfilm or an original document.

Peter

This will be an original document which will need to be requested for viewing in the Reader's Room. 

I won't have time for original documents sorry :(

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 March 11 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Ann Ridley was a witness at the marriage of my GGG Grandparents David Jones and Elizabeth Stokes 1792 Cleobury Mortimer.

I found on Family Search the birth/bapt of four children to parents James and Ann Ridley in Cleobury Mortimer, the first one being born in 1786.

Can anyone find the marriage please.  I'm looking for Ann's maiden name.

June

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=522543.new#new

Offline bristolloggerheads

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 March 11 19:32 BST (UK) »

Not  a problem

Thanks

I'd be interested to know what the 1831 census of St. Julians contains in the way of information.
Ref. is P256/L/6/1 but have no idea whether this is on microfilm or an original document.

Peter

This will be an original document which will need to be requested for viewing in the Reader's Room. 

I won't have time for original documents sorry :(

Syner alias Taylor from Broseley and Benthall

Offline fairlane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 29 March 11 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

If you can squeeze in a quick lookup - William Guest married Elizabeth Louisa Peaceful at St.Andrew in the parish of St.George's in 1911. I have the date as Feb 26th but they are not married on 1911 census and the BMD is Jul/Aug/Sept quarter.

Microfiche is P236/22 - page 216 entry No.432 and yes, I did the original lookup  :-[ :-[ some time ago but obviously mistranscribed the date!!!! This was early days and I take more care now.

Thanks, Fairlane
Edwards - Cheshire/Denbighshire
Dale, Lloyd, Potts, Vaughan - Cheshire
Humpherson - Shropshire
Ludlam - Yorkshire/Lancashire
Beasley - Buckinghamshire
Dick, Laird, Lambie, McInnes, McKechnie, Robertson, Semple - Lanark/Renfrew
Jordan - Drogheda
Maddison, Thirlwell, Nevin- Co. Durham/Northumberland
Walker - Yorkshire/Notts;
Jackson - Westmorland