Author Topic: Woolwich/Greenwich - Sadler/Roberts/Copeland/Sipin  (Read 1485 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Woolwich/Greenwich - Sadler/Roberts/Copeland/Sipin
« on: Saturday 12 February 11 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone researching Sadler, Roberts, Cop(e)land and Sipin in the Woolwich or Greenwich areas in the late 1700s please?

I've all the entries relating to Richard and Mary Sadler nee Zebedee (who appear to haved been non-conformist) and also Mary's second marriage to William Roberts, plus the children of John and Lydia Copeland nee Sadler, Thomas and Rhoda Sipin nee Roberts and Elisha and Elizabeth Roberts (who I think is probably William and Mary's son although he doesn't get a mention in his father's Will) so PLEASE DO NOT LOOK FOR  INFORMATION on these couples and their children's baptisms as I already have it.  I also have a suspician I know what happened to Richard and Mary's son and daughter James and Rebecca Sadler.

If anyone is researching this family or indeed perhaps knows where Mary Zebedee daughter of John Zebedee was actually baptised I'd be interested to know since can't find anything on them.  She will have been born sometime around 1740/43 I would imagine since her first child is baptised in 1761.  I suspect they are in either London/Middlesex/Kent or Surrey.  There are Zebedees in Hampshire/Wiltshire but I don't think any of these are likely to be immediately connected.

I can't find a Will for Richard Sadler who died in 1778 nor one that ties in with John Zebedee but I'm restricted in indexes for this area of Kent other than PCC sadly.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Victor Zebedee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Woolwich/Greenwich - Sadler/Roberts/Copeland/Sipin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 September 17 11:41 BST (UK) »
Sarah Zebedee (Zeberdee) was born in Jul 1725 in Urchfont, Wiltshire. She was christened on 8 Jul 1725 in Urchfont, Wiltshire. She died in Sep 1735 in Urchfont, Wiltshire. She was buried on 28 Sep 1735 in Urchfont, Wiltshire.

Baptism notes - Baptism notes Sarah Zeberdee to John and Lucy# in the Green. #Lucy Zebedee nee Cooper.

Hope this helps.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 September 17 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor welcome to Rootschat.

Thanks for the info about Sarah Zebedee, probably a long shot as to whether there is a connection between my Mary Zebedee and her father John and any of the Wiltshire families but you never know.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Victor Zebedee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 September 17 16:26 BST (UK) »
If I have understood correctly, you are looking for Mary Zebedee - Mary Zebedee (Zebedie) was born in Aug 1714 in Urchfont, Wiltshire. She was christened on 26 Aug 1714 in Urchfont, Wiltshire.

Baptism notes - Mary Zebedie to John and Lucy of Chittern.

Charles Stanley.Charles married Sarah Zebedee on 27 Apr 1844 in Calne, Wiltshire.

Sarah Zebedee was born in 1825 in Calne, Wiltshire. She was christened Christening: in Calne, Wiltshire. She married Charles Stanley on 27 Apr 1844 in Calne, Wiltshire. She the daughter of -

John Zebedee [Parents] 1 was born on 15 Dec 1790 in Chirton, Wiltshire. He was christened on 2 Jan 1791 in Chirton, Wiltshire. He died on 1 Mar 1869 in Calne, Wiltshire. He married Jane Duck on 10 Aug 1813 in Calne, Wiltshire.

Jane Duck was born in 1789 in Lacock, Wiltshire. She died in 1869 in Calne, Wiltshire. She was buried in 1869 in Calne, Wiltshire. She married John Zebedee on 10 Aug 1813 in Calne, Wiltshire.

Sarah Zebedee is the the Great, Great, Grand daughter of John and Lucy Zebedee.  Hope that makes the connection = Victor

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 September 17 17:26 BST (UK) »
Sorry Victor.  I am looking for a Mary Zebedee but not one necessarily born in Urchfont.  I didn't mention Urchfont at all in my original post.  There are Zebedees in Wiltshire and Hampshire, my Mary could unfortunately be from anywhere.  She was living in north Kent with her two husbands and children from both marriages.  I have so far no idea where she came from, all I know is her father was John Zebedee because his name was included on the birth registrations for some of her children in Dr Williams Protestant Dissenters Library.  I have yet to find her first marriage to Richard Sadler.