Author Topic: Burial near Reading - Bilibin  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Burial near Reading - Bilibin
« Reply #18 on: Monday 15 May 17 18:19 BST (UK) »
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=67616895

Your work, julkes, I presume?  Very informative and great photos.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline julkes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 May 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=67616895

Your work, julkes, I presume?  Very informative and great photos.

a lot of it achieved with your help.
Thank you for your support.
We now have some 2,000+ Russians in the UK names in our database...
Russians and Danes in the UK

Offline Lola5

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hallo,
Just seen these posts. Husband knew him well. Went to his funeral.
Several of the  older Russians working at Caversham were buried at KidmorEnd, Others  are at at the Henley Rd cemetery.Some buried in London  burial grounds or ashes scattered elsewhere.
Glad you have found him.
lola

Offline julkes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 May 17 12:06 BST (UK) »
Others  are at at the Henley Rd cemetery.Some buried in London  burial grounds or ashes scattered elsewhere.

Hi Lola

Do you know the names? of those who were buried in London or Henley road?
It would be great to add some names  to our list...

Offline Lola5

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 May 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hallo,
I  think  we have communicated before but by messaging.
Husband   says he did not attend Ivan Bilibin's funeral  but that he worked with him for nearly 20yrs and Mr Bilibin  always wanted to be buried in Russia.

My husband was   a Senior monitor and   Supervisor of the Russian team so knew all the Russians who were there between 1961 and 1979 /80 when we moved awayt  from Caversham
Mr George Shatanovski was another who l lived near Basil(Vassily) Pashkov..(George was in the Russian Air Force at one time, Maybe WW2.
Mr Bilibin was responsible for the arrangement of Mr Pashkov's funeral with full Russian Ceremony.
Mrs Benkendorf and Mr Budberg were other Russians there. The latter was related to Moira Budberg , a writer. and also somehow related to Rasputin it was said..
Mr Krushalnitsky(sp) also worked there and lived in Caversham so may have been buried in the Henley Road cemetery.
Of all these I met only  four  of these though my husband often spoke of some of his colleagues.
Mrs Galia Wheen was possibly buried in London as she lived in Kensington.
Mr Leo Salko lived at Sonning Common so is possibly buried there.. I remember when he died but not the date. sometime in the 1960's  perhaps.?

I expect you have all this info already.
Kind regards
Lola

Offline julkes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 May 17 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hallo,
I  think  we have communicated before but by messaging.
Husband   says he did not attend Ivan Bilibin's funeral  but that he worked with him for nearly 20yrs and Mr Bilibin  always wanted to be buried in Russia.

My husband was   a Senior monitor and   Supervisor of the Russian team so knew all the Russians who were there between 1961 and 1979 /80 when we moved awayt  from Caversham
Mr George Shatanovski was another who l lived near Basil(Vassily) Pashkov..(George was in the Russian Air Force at one time, Maybe WW2.
Mr Bilibin was responsible for the arrangement of Mr Pashkov's funeral with full Russian Ceremony.
Mrs Benkendorf and Mr Budberg were other Russians there. The latter was related to Moira Budberg , a writer. and also somehow related to Rasputin it was said..
Mr Krushalnitsky(sp) also worked there and lived in Caversham so may have been buried in the Henley Road cemetery.
Of all these I met only  four  of these though my husband often spoke of some of his colleagues.
Mrs Galia Wheen was possibly buried in London as she lived in Kensington.
Mr Leo Salko lived at Sonning Common so is possibly buried there.. I remember when he died but not the date. sometime in the 1960's  perhaps.?

I expect you have all this info already.
Kind regards
Lola

Thank you Lola
We are always on the look for new names and details. Our list of recorded graves is now more than 2000 but many more we are still to discover.