Author Topic: Crieff Perthshire McRobbie Douglas Drummond  (Read 9005 times)

Offline HannahR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researcher in the Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: Crieff Perthshire McRobbie Douglas Drummond
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 September 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Amanda,

I'm short of info on the Harbottles, Kerrs and Stevensons so if you have anything to add there I'd appreciate it.

Mark

I am descended from the Harbottles, and Newsons. I have a lot of information on the Harbottles and some on the McRobbies. Feel free to get in touch if you are interested.

Hannah
The following names appear in my family tree: Bells [Dumfries], Todd [Perth], McLean [Campbeltown], Newson [Suffolk], Fosse(y) [Buckinghamshire], Butler [Glamorganishire], Jenkins [Glamorgan/ England], Tilling or Telling [Gloucestershire]

Offline HannahR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 September 17 23:53 BST (UK) »

Mark,

Margaret Douglas is my 3x great grandmother.  She had a son, Andrew, who had a daughter , I grew up with Harbottle's and my mom knew her cousins well.   They were connected through Henderson's. 

Let me know just what you are looking for and I will see if I can help.

Jan

Hi Jan,

My grandmother is Lorraine Harbottle daughter of Alex Harbottle and Charlotte (Lottie) MacAninch. Are these the same Harbottles you grew up with? I love hearing stories.

Hannah
The following names appear in my family tree: Bells [Dumfries], Todd [Perth], McLean [Campbeltown], Newson [Suffolk], Fosse(y) [Buckinghamshire], Butler [Glamorganishire], Jenkins [Glamorgan/ England], Tilling or Telling [Gloucestershire]

Offline janeli_1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 September 17 16:43 BST (UK) »
My mother was Elizabeth Jean Kerr daughter of John William Kerr and Alison Henderson.  John's parents were William Kerr and Margaret McRobbie.  I also have Harbottle people in my tree.  Some from the McRobbie line and some from Henderson.  I don't know that I have anything you don't have.  BTW, I grew up in Puslinch.
Jan

Offline HannahR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 July 19 07:31 BST (UK) »
John Harbottle's parents are Robert Harbottle and Barbara Rochester.  Let me know what it is you are looking for. 

I am a Harbottle and have been looking for information on Barbara Rochester for 10+ years. If anyone has any clues it would be greatly appreciated. I live in Scotland and after checking ScotlandsPeople repeatedly with name variations have never been able to find records of Rochester in Inverness or anywhere else.

Thanks,
Hannah

Offline janeli_1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 July 19 20:32 BST (UK) »
I have from census records that Barbara Rochester was born in England.  Her grave record and death record each say she was born in Northumberland.  Her death record has her as Mrs. Robert Harbottle but the transcriber wrote 'Chas' for 'Mrs. 
Jan

Offline HannahR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 July 19 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hello @janeli_1,

I had found her death record and seen the gravestone. I did check Northumberland records (I live on the other side of the Border in Scotland). I wasn't able to find anything. I'll have to go back to it.

Thanks
Hannah