Author Topic: Read the Chambersí Edinburgh Journal week by week  (Read 4846 times)

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Maxwell Ancestry
Read the Chambersí Edinburgh Journal week by week
« on: Sunday 13 February 11 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Starting today you will be able to experience a little of 1832 from your own home. We had started, some time ago now, uploading the Chambersí Edinburgh Journal to our free resources section of the website. From today though I will upload it once a week, on the date it was originally published, so you can read it as it would have been read in 1832.

Published weekly itís only 8 pages in length and easy to speed-read the less interesting parts. I hope though it will prove and interesting, informative and lets face it a fun read for those of you who have the time. Most of the questions we are asked arise from a misunderstanding of Scotland in the past and this is another thing which can help us to understand our ancestorís lives.

The images are very large; they may take longer to download however it will make these historic articles easier to read.

I hope you enjoy this new feature: http://www.maxwellancestry.com/ancestry/resources/chambersedinburghjournal.htm

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline meggy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Read the Chambersí Edinburgh Journal week by week
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 February 11 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting, thankyou!

Regards
Meggy
Stanners, Bell, Ramsay, Kerr, Scougall, Gibb, Archibald

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.