Author Topic: Read the Chambers’ Edinburgh Journal week by week  (Read 5953 times)

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Read the Chambers’ Edinburgh Journal week by week
« on: Sunday 13 February 11 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Starting today you will be able to experience a little of 1832 from your own home. We had started, some time ago now, uploading the Chambers’ Edinburgh Journal to our free resources section of the website. From today though I will upload it once a week, on the date it was originally published, so you can read it as it would have been read in 1832.

Published weekly it’s only 8 pages in length and easy to speed-read the less interesting parts. I hope though it will prove and interesting, informative and lets face it a fun read for those of you who have the time. Most of the questions we are asked arise from a misunderstanding of Scotland in the past and this is another thing which can help us to understand our ancestor’s lives.

The images are very large; they may take longer to download however it will make these historic articles easier to read.

I hope you enjoy this new feature: http://www.maxwellancestry.com/ancestry/resources/chambersedinburghjournal.htm

Offline meggy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Read the Chambers’ Edinburgh Journal week by week
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 February 11 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting, thankyou!

Regards
Meggy
Stanners, Bell, Ramsay, Kerr, Scougall, Gibb, Archibald, Todd, Laird Johnston, Cosgrove, Robertson.