Author Topic: MI,s in Leslie Cemetery  (Read 16281 times)

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI,s in Leslie Cemetery
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 20 February 11 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete,
                 Thanks for that, that solves my problem. It is always annoying when things don,t fit into place, though so far back dates and names can get muddled.  It looks like we are distant cousins, being offsprings of 1st cousins Margaret and Jane(t)  Thomson.   Jane is my great-great grandmother.

Regards Gerry
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline pete38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 21 February 11 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Gerry, Margaret was my GGgrandmother so our common ancestor would be our GGGGparents James Thomson and Townsend Dick. Cheers Pete.

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 February 11 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave
                 Found out going through census data that Townsend Thomson had on the 1861 census a daughter called Fanny (Phoolbred?) age 3 and another called Isabella Miller age 6 months. On 1871 census she had Euphemia(Fanny)? (Shortbied?) age 13, surname mix up no doubt.  Isabella Miller age 10 and David Mu(a)rshall age 2. In 1881 she only had Euphemia S Thomson age 22 left at home. It looks like she never married but had 3 children.

Regards Gerry
scott, cumming, jamieson, bertram, Mc Donald(from Antrim), sharp, miller, brodie, duffy, thomson, McRae, johnston, forbes, glen

Offline JuliaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 June 13 02:00 BST (UK) »
Does anyone please have an index. I am looking for Mary Black married to George Christie in the 1840s
Thank you
Julia

Offline sage

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 June 13 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

I wondered if there might be some burial/headstone information for the family of JOHN COWAN and MARGARET BLUE. If not in Leslie it's possible some of them are interred at Kirkcaldy. 

With thanks,
Sage.

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 21 April 14 00:46 BST (UK) »
Townsend Thomson was my GG grandmother. She was a dressmaker and must have been quite a "gal". She never married, but had 3 illegitimate children each by a different father. I have viewed all their birth certificates and they were all illegitimate. Her firstborn was Isabella Miller Thomson (my great grandmother) and no father's name is stated on the birth cert, but I assume it was someone with the surname Miller. Her 2nd child was Euphemia, the father being Thomas Shoolbred, and the 3rd was a son named David, no father's name mentioned. Townsend died in 1910 and her death certificate was witnessed by her grandson Robert Smith, the son of her daughter Euphemia. I know Townsend Thomson's grandparents were James Thomson & Townsend Dick but I would love to know where the Townsend connection came in. Townsend must have been the surname of one of the female relations in this line but I haven't found that person yet.

Offline Sanmiguel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 February 15 04:34 GMT (UK) »
I am new at this so hope this is how to contact someone. Jokdy refers to four people who are in my family tree e.g. David Isaac, Sophia Mathieson, William Mathieson, Mary Millar.

I would be grateful for any information

Sanmiguel

Offline gerry65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Townsend Thompson, s grandparents were James Thompson, b 18/3/1757 , d 15/12/1819 in Coaltown of Balgonie and Townsend Dick, b 29/9/1767 in Abbotshall, d 5/1/1827 in Coaltown of Balgonie.
They married on 7/5/1790 in Markinch/Coaltown of B . I presume that is where the name Townsend came from. It lasted through generations, my great Aunt Jane Townsend Thomson Scott b 1919 had the name.

Offline Niknak13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry,
Please tell me how you connect back to Townsend Thomson? I would love to add you to my family tree on Ancestry.com
Thanks,
Nicky