Author Topic: Elizabeth Lamb Pitt  (Read 2012 times)

Offline michelew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Lamb Pitt
« on: Monday 14 February 11 12:18 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for any decendants of Elizabeth Lamb Pitt - she was born about 1866 in London.
Between 1871 and 1881 she moved to Liverpool.    She married twice - first time to Charles Ernest Christopher Mayes and later to Alfred Bailey.    She had a son with her first husband and three children (two girls and boy) with her second husband.    No death for her first husband found, but both marriages took place in Church.     Her second husband Alfred appears to have died in Liverpool, but no definite place of death for Elizabeth.    Elizabeth had a sister Sarah who lived in Middleton near Manchester, so she may have been in the same area.

Her children with Alfred are Florence, Ernest and Elizabeth. 
Can anybody help me

Thanks Michele

Offline Mort29

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Lamb Pitt
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 February 11 12:25 GMT (UK) »
need any census information?

Offline michelew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 February 11 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I have her on all census up to and including 1911 - where in 1911 she is still in Liverpool.
I have a possible marriage of her son with her first husband Charles James Mayes to Isabella Fox and this son appears to have died in Middleton near Manchester as does his wife.  Isabella's death is recorded as Oldham District - depending on what part of Middleton you were it could be either Middleton or Oldham.   I will probably have to take the usual way and plump for a certificate - but my last three were a waste so I'm a bit reluctant to chance it.      I am hoping some family person knows her.

Offline Windymay

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 January 18 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Charles and Isabella my grandparents.

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 January 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Windymay

Welcome to Rootschat.

I don't know if you noticed but this topic was originally begun in 2011.  If Michele is still active she should receive notification of your post.  However if she turned off the notifications option she will be unaware of your post.

When you have made two to three more posts yourself, you could send Michele a message by clicking on the letter symbol under her name.  Not sure if messages still get through or not.

You may like to start your own topic on Charles and Isabella if you are still looking for information about them.

Best Wishes & Good Luck in your search.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire