Author Topic: 1841 Census, Lilleshall, Shropshire for Ann(e) Bailey/Bayley  (Read 16356 times)

Offline Bram Taylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census, Lilleshall, Shropshire for Ann(e) Bailey/Bayley
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very very much you two great minds! I have just had a look at my notes and Catherine was an alternative 'wife' for Thomas, that makes Catherine my G G G Grandmother and similarly Thomas is my G G G grandfather.
Ann, the missing link had an association with a fellow, ( or I would not be writing this) and as a result, Alfred was born and when Alfred in turn married 6 Mar 1864 in Moxley, Staffordshire, he wrote down on his marriage certificate that Ann's partner, his father was Amos Evers, or Evans? He has never turned up over 30 years of searching, strange? But getting back to Lilleshall, thanks so much for confirming the above, I am so pleased to have that part settled, If Ann(e) is to be found I would be very interested as to who she is living with?
Thanks again, Z and Barbara, a fantastic job and more than I thought to achieve. I will try and find the marriage certificate now and nail this couple before they vanish again!!!

Kind regards,
Bram ;D
Taylor, Baker, Milns, Bayley, Bailey, Evers, Shropshire.
Sewell, Prestidge, Northamptonshire.
Simpson, Mitchell, Edmondson, Slater, Abbott, West Riding Yorkshire.
Zelley, Eggleton, White, Lovell, Purchase, Dorset.
Neech, Suffolk, Norfolk.
Singleton, Surrey,
Eggleton, Buckingham/Surrey

Offline Bram Taylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 10:13 GMT (UK) »
G'day again
I got a bit carried away about the marriage certificate as it was pre 1837 so will have to search parish records around Lilleshall, Longford?

Cheers,
Bram
Taylor, Baker, Milns, Bayley, Bailey, Evers, Shropshire.
Sewell, Prestidge, Northamptonshire.
Simpson, Mitchell, Edmondson, Slater, Abbott, West Riding Yorkshire.
Zelley, Eggleton, White, Lovell, Purchase, Dorset.
Neech, Suffolk, Norfolk.
Singleton, Surrey,
Eggleton, Buckingham/Surrey

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Morning Bram...

No, you were right...

Wasn't the marriage in 1849?

Marriages Jun 1849 
BAYLEY Anne - TAYLOR George    Newport Sp. 18 239

Cheers,
Barbara

z and I are on the case for Anne in 1841.
Names :Scriven, Parlour, Vaughan, Pember,Price, Thompson, Rennie/Roney, Hannon,Taylor,Pitt,Brice

Places: Alveley, Bewdley, Rock, Dukinfield, Manchester,Limerick, Bishopstone/Dilwyn, Swarraton,Alverstoke, Middlesex

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram

Just a thought was there an address on the birth certificate of Alfred?

All the best

Z :)

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram

Ok so far have come across a couple of possibilities?

1841 H0917 918 1 Civil Parish Yeaton
Anne Bayley b 1821 - Female Servant and I think she is living in a separate room from the main household with one other person Richard Powell? he is  either 15 or 18 not quite certain - Ag Lab

1841 H0107 918 17 Civil Parish Shrawardine
Anne Bailey b 1826 - Female Servant

Will look again a little later.

All the best

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 13:50 GMT (UK) »
You beat me to it this time z! Well done.. I had found the Yeadon one, but not the other one.

Maybe if we can find out the maiden name of Catherine, it might help? I have trawled familysearch.org but no luck so far. As she appears as 9 years younger than Thomas in 1851, maybe she is a second wife?

Have also found a death for Catherine Bailey in Burton on Trent, although I know it's a bit off track and also, Thomas was not listed as a widower in 1851.

Deaths Dec 1841
BAILEY    Catherine    Burton on Trent    17    2

Barbara
Names :Scriven, Parlour, Vaughan, Pember,Price, Thompson, Rennie/Roney, Hannon,Taylor,Pitt,Brice

Places: Alveley, Bewdley, Rock, Dukinfield, Manchester,Limerick, Bishopstone/Dilwyn, Swarraton,Alverstoke, Middlesex

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram and z

Are you aware that there is a Public Family Tree on ancestry.co.uk showing the descendants of Thomas and Catherine, but they have gone no further back than we have and have no maiden name for Catherine?

Nor do they have Ann in 1841.

However, the tree does show detail of your Alfred and his wife Christiana Milns and children.

The owner of the tree is a direct descendant of Eizabeth Taylor born 1852 to George and Ann who  appears as 9 years old in the 1861 census.

Barbara

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering whether Catherine was a second wife and his first wife was Elizabeth....

There is a baptism of an Anne on FamilySearch

Anne Bayley 10 Oct 1819 Lilleshall, Shropshire parents Thomas Bayley and Elizabeth

And then one for Thomas a couple of years later

Thomas Bailey 28 Oct 1821 parents Thomas Bailey and Elizabeth

They fit more or less, esp when you consider the ages would have been rounded to the nearest 5 years in the 1841 census.

And then I have a possible death of an Elizabeth Bailey in 1839:-

Deaths Mar 1839 Bailey Elizabeth  Newport 18 99

What do you think? Or am I getting carried away and re writing history?

Had better go and look after the living relatives now. ;D

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram and Barbara

My goodness Barbara you have been busy ;D It's a great idea to build a bigger picture as I find it extremely difficult to pinpoint certain individuals in the 1841 census as it does not offer condition of marriage, relationships, birthplace - only county etc etc  and then it isn't always correct!! And as there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive for Anne in 41 then you never know she might show up with other family members that we know nothing about ............ great work!

Have also tried to approach this by looking for George Taylor in 1841, you never know Anne could be just around the corner ....... but alas she was not there, George jnr however was in Edgmond living with Jane, first wife? And living next door was George Taylor snr with his family.

Will try again tomorrow - maybe the address from Alfreds birth certificate will help?

All the best