Author Topic: Daniel Brown Chenies 1784-1861 plus  (Read 8889 times)

Offline TomMat30

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Brown Chenies 1784-1861 plus
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 December 14 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Maddie,

Bucks Archives have checked for me.  The two burial dates are 1818, not 1817, so everything now fits.
The reason for my error is that the top of the page is dated 1817 in the "box", but part way down it changes to 1818.  The researcher who checked for me says that it at first misled her, and she had to look again to see how it was set up.

So we can now sleep in peace!

Kind regards,
George D.

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 December 14 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi George  :)

Thank you very much, that sounds like a mistake I have often made when looking at records, it's easy done. ;)

Just a comment, how very strange that your Daniel would be in Kensington when he died & suddenly working as a milkman after living so long in the Alms Houses in Chenies. A first look at the death cert you would immediately say that is not your man but with the burial record you have it does seem to fit. :o My first thought was, did he die on some ones doorstep delivering milk but that's just plain silly. ;D

Thanks again
Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TomMat30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 December 14 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Good evening Maddie,

Thanks. Just an aside: if the burials for which I recorded the wrong year were in my "direct line" instead of being part of a general "mopping up" the register operation, then I would probably spotted the inconsistency and sorted it out.  But these records have lain in my file for something like 15 years, not looked at after my own family line had been established.  Anyway, it's now corrected.  So there we are.

Re Daniel Brown's death records, everything ties together except the milkman question.  I surmise that he may have been seen by neighbours helping the local milkman on his round, or even doing the round on his own.  When nobody had seen him for a day or two, or maybe more, then the neighbours became concerned, and maybe broke into the house to find him dead.  This would be a circumstance that meant that the Death Certificate could not state the date of death.  The certificate does say there was a post mortem (the P.M.), and it was necessary to have an inquest, so everything seems to have been in order.

I guess we must leave it at that (unless the coroner's report can be found).

Kind regards,
George D.

Offline Violet May

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 05 January 15 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tom Mat   Sorry its been so long replying. I* am sending an email vial your private email address. Can you let me know if you receive it?  Violet May.
Brightwell London
Broadway London
Brooke Dewsbury Grimsby
Hockney Lincolnshire
Cottam Lincolnshire
Hancock Middlesex
Warlow London
Babington Lincolnshire
Vincent London

Offline TomMat30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Violet May,

No e-mail received at 13.10 hours 6 January 2015. Please check you have put both "d"s in my e-mail address: aedd....

Happy New Year,
George D.

Offline Violet May

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Brown nee Gates wife of Daniel
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 10 January 15 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Have just received the death certificate for an Ann Brown. Date of death: 24 March 1840. Ann Brown. Female. 45 years. Lunatic Patient. Cause of death Pulmonary Consumption .Informant GP Button Surgeon in attendance County Lunatic Asylum NORWOOD. Registration District: Uxbridge Union. Sub District Hayes Middlesex.  Bit disappointed really  thought she was born earlier than 1795, if she was born then she would only have been about 17/18 years when she married Daniel. If this is her then the hospital may not have known her date of birth  when admitted.???? Regards Violet May
Brightwell London
Broadway London
Brooke Dewsbury Grimsby
Hockney Lincolnshire
Cottam Lincolnshire
Hancock Middlesex
Warlow London
Babington Lincolnshire
Vincent London

Offline TomMat30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 10 January 15 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Violet May,

Thank you for the death certificate details - not as helpful as we might have hoped, because no home address details and hence no opportunity to follow up that address in the 1841 census to check for relatives. The marriage certificate in 1812 does not give ages or mention parental consent, so we have no absolute certainty that we have the right Ann Brown.

Here is my reply to second of your separated messages -

"This pair of messages seems to be separate from the main forum.

"I received it the first time and did a very lengthy detailed reply, which presumably you have not received and I can no longer find.  There seems to be something adrift with this system.

"I'll try to copy this onto the forum."

Success!

If you cannot find my reply, can you copy your long message (Control C) and then put it on this forum (Control V) and then I will re-type all the info from my previous message, to follow yours. Computers!!!!

Kind regards,
George D.