Author Topic: Killamery/Ninemilehouse - Walsh family  (Read 5326 times)

Offline colinkenny14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Killamery/Ninemilehouse - Walsh family
« on: Wednesday 16 February 11 01:55 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the Walsh family that lived in a farm house between Ninemilehouse and Killamery - around 1900's to 1980's when the house burnt down. My Grandfather was called John and some of the siblings were Anastasia Kenny nee Walsh (my Mum born Nov 8th 1930) Bernadette Vaughan nee Walsh, Eileen Briant nee Walsh, John Walsh, Margaret Dunn nee Walsh, Michael Walsh, Richard Walsh and Thomas Walsh. I think that they are deceased now as I have not heard anything about anyone since the house burnt down, so any help would be great

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Killamery Walsh family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Do you have approximate years of birth for any of these people ?

If so then a few approximate dates might help your search, but be careful not to mention details of living people on RootChat, as this is not permitted. If any of the people mentioned above are still living can you remove the names please.

thank you,

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline colinkenny14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Killamery/Ninemilehouse - Walsh family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 01:08 GMT (UK) »
i hve adjusted the information

Offline mattwilliams90

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 11 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hey Colin,

Think I might be able to Help.
My Name is Matthew Williams, I am son to stella Willams, who is daughter to Michael Walsh of killamery (making us first cousins once removed).
I'm currently doing research on our family tree and came accross your post.
mam would like to know was it you or your brother that visited her in cloneen after she got married while ye were on holidays in killamery?
I haven't got much information surrounding our relatives but mam would know the majority of it.
If you have any questions we would be more than happy to help!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Matthew Williams,

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline colinkenny14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 May 11 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael,
The last time I visited was back in 1972 so it was probably my brother
I have some names from the will we received when Johnny died and the land was sold but I only have 8 including my mother and I understood that there was 13 brothers and sisters
I have no names of my mothers parents or any of the missing family from the list below so Michael is new to me, any other names or dates would be very helpful
I now live in the USA so it's a little harder to find information

Anastasia, Bernette, Eileen, John, Margaret, Michael, Richard & Thomas

Hope to hear from you soon

Colin Kenny

Offline Fipl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi my great grandmother lived in killamery , my history records mention butlerswood, windgap and she married a Walsh ( Patrick) her name was Mary Tracey is there maybe a connection. She emigrated to Philadelphia with her husband .

Offline GUMUSLUK

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 12 October 15 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi I found your post earlier, my name is Geraldine, I live in England. My grandfather was also John Walsh from Killamery, so I guess we are cousins. Our grandmother's name was Anastasia.
My mother was Eileen  - was your mum Stella, my mum's sister? Did you live in Burnley or somewhere in Lancashire as a child? I remember visiting your family as a small child with my parents. We lived in the south of England.

My mum always said there were nine children in her family. one child died of an illness at a very young age, she was called Mary. There was also Dick, Tom, Mick, Greta, Stella, Eileen, Johnny & Bernie.
I believe they are all deceased now - my mum Eileen was the last to die - in 2007. I used to go over to Ireland every year for a holiday as a child up until the age of 16 with mum & dad - I am now 58. I just happened to look up my grandfather's name this evening whilst looking around on the web and I was so surprised to see your post.

Offline Digi Home

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 February 16 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi my great grandmother lived in killamery , my history records mention butlerswood, windgap and she married a Walsh ( Patrick) her name was Mary Tracey is there maybe a connection. She emigrated to Philadelphia with her husband .

Fipl

I don't want to hijack this thread so I started another one on http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=741940.msg5885944#msg5885944 re your query.

Can you please reply on the other thread
Thanks