Author Topic: Vernon's of Little Budworth  (Read 14462 times)

Offline Mrs Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vernon's of Little Budworth
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 April 15 20:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that info.  I went to Cheshire Records Library and saw the microfiche of the parish book of Great Budworth.  I knew that there had been a fire but only a chunk of the book had been damaged.  Amazingly, Joseph Vernon and Mary Towers' wedding record was in the first few pages that were not damaged.  They were both listed as from that parish and Joseph was listed as an Agricultural Labourer which is correct.
About the same time a lot of Vernons were married at Great Budworth and then about 20 years goes by and there are none - but some appear in areas around Little Budworth. 
I also realised that Henry Towers' baptism information I actually had and I viewed the baptisms of the Vernon children: Joseph (30.9.1821), Sarah (10.4.1825), Ann (19.8.1827), Martha (28.2.1830) and Abraham (17.2.1833).  Joseph is listed as a labourer again.
I don't think the children stayed in the area as I know that Henry Towers was married and buried in St Mary's Church Whitegate as he owned a farm there and I have his will also.