Author Topic: Moran family Kilbride Parish  (Read 13296 times)

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Moran family Kilbride Parish
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 February 12 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Una,

Thanks for your post and welcome to rootschat.  There were similarities or links between 'greygru's Morans and my Morans, as in  proximity and occupation.  My Morans lived initially in Ballinameen, and the children went to America as Tailors.

My interest in the Moran family is through a Mariae Moran (my g.g.grandmother) who married a Thomas Hart circa 1833.  Their first child Margaret Hart, was born in 1834 in Ballinameen.  They went on to have 6 more children.  I have no marriage record for Mariae & Thomas.  I dont know if they were natives of Ballinameen, or if they were living there through work...as Thomas Hart was a servant.  Family lore states that Mariae was 'Moore from Galway' but Iv since discovered that she was MORAN.  I have no idea what either of their parents names were as I'm at the bottom of the barrel as far as records are concerned - its well before 1864.  Margaret refers to 'the Moran girls' living in Boston, in a letter to her father from America dated 1867.....but I dont know who they are either.  The letters have given  me clues to piece this family together, as BMD records have insufficient information at that time.  If any of this sounds familiar to your cousins, Id be delighted to hear from them.

Many thanks
Tu

Scotland:  Browne, Glancey, McGuire, Mitchell
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,
                 Hughes, Kilgallon, Mahon, Meechan, Moore, Moran, McGowan,
                 Reddy, O'Conor, O'Hara, Crean-Lynch, Plunkett
England:   Browne, Devaney, Glancey, Crean-Lynch, Kilgallon
USA:         Devaney, McGowan, Bruen, Kilgallon, Hart
Australia:  O'Hara, Browne

Offline unapmcs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 February 12 15:48 GMT (UK) »
My Dad was a great historian, sadly he died in 1999, He certainly would know a lot more than me, however I seem to remember that the Hart's are connected to us, my sister or brother may know more, I will speak to them in the next few days and let you know. Think they now live in a pIace called Tulsk.
As a child we went to the National school in Ballinameen and walked the 3 miles , from the age of 6 to 14, so I know the area pretty well. In fact there is only 1 other family of Moran's in that region, I doubt if they are connected, otherwise Dad would have told us, as we all attended the same school.
 I also have , somewhere , got photo's of the Moran sisters from Ballinameen,( my 2nd cousins )in time I will send you them.
Have you had a dna done, my older brother has had his done before Xmas, and it confirms we have relatives in Australia, It is a very useful tool, maybe not so much now, but in the future.
I will be in touch once I enquire on the Harts.
Bye for now.

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 17 February 12 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Una looking forward to it :)
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,

Offline P Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 September 16 00:51 BST (UK) »
I live two miles from Ballinameen village and the new national school opened in 1972 the old national school was a bit closer to the village. At one time there was five Moran families living around Ballinameen. But if any of you want me to research Moran's just ask.

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 September 16 10:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks P that would be great. Could u get access to any old school registers and see what years they recorded?

Offline P Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 September 16 14:50 BST (UK) »
Which school and what years