Author Topic: Bussell/Mitchell  (Read 16672 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bussell/Mitchell
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 20:16 BST (UK) »
 I Visit often. Have tree for all 7 children of William and jane --in part.  Of the 8 children of Jane Bussell  3 ended up in South africa. After one more post fro you can send you a personal message and e mail.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Offline hmcneill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 20:27 BST (UK) »
i'm pretty sure that my grandmother visited family in SA in - I think it was the 70's or 80's!

Offline BoyleWyeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 August 12 02:33 BST (UK) »
definately be interested in getting any info i can until i saw this thread i had hit a brick wall with the Bussells!  Would definately be interested in a family tree!  If your interested in edith's family i have loads of info - edith boyle nee bussell was my great grandmother, her daughter was my grandmother dorothy who married Ambrose Willis in 1941.

Still in Northern Ireland.

Offline BoyleWyeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 August 12 02:37 BST (UK) »
definately be interested in getting any info i can until i saw this thread i had hit a brick wall with the Bussells!  Would definately be interested in a family tree!  If your interested in edith's family i have loads of info - edith boyle nee bussell was my great grandmother, her daughter was my grandmother dorothy who married Ambrose Willis in 1941.

Still in Northern Ireland.
am grandaughter of james boyle's sister mary (minnie)who came to canada. know where edith buried but can't find james death/burial. have family pictures do you?

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 30 August 12 08:02 BST (UK) »
 Great that these lines are now being looked at. Sorry have no photos . My Line is Jane Bussell---the earlier posts give the background.

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 January 13 12:47 GMT (UK) »
By way of update on this. It now turns out that Jane Mitchell and John Bussell were cousins.
 He had one brother Edward of Rosegard. Their father was William born 1811, one of the sons of Crumlin Bussell( sometimes spelt as Cromlin ) and Isabella Smyth from Garraroosky, Galloon  Co Fermanagh.
Jane Mitchell was the daughter of William Mitchell 1813-1888 and  Jane Bussell born 1817 sister to William Bussell mentioned above .So they have the same Grandparents.

Bussell seems to be a popular name in Co Fermanagh and there are Bussells at Newtownbutler which I understand is close  and then  in Mulinascorthy but I have yet to link them.
Thank you for all the help .

Offline DenisBarclay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, are you still researching Bussell family members from Fermanagh, Ireland? I have been putting together pieces of information from various sources and have tried to build a tree, including Bussell families from the townlands of Corsenshin, Garraroosky, Culliondo, Derrymacrow, etc.
Anyone interedted?
barclay bussell langfield burt

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 09:19 BST (UK) »
Yes interested. Have information I can share . My line goes back to Crumlin Bussell of Garraroosky and Isabella Symth and their daughter Jane Bussell who married William Mitchell .May I ask how you are connected .
Kind regards

Offline DenisBarclay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, many thanks for your prompt reply! I am also a descendant of Crumlin Bussell and Isabella Smyth, through their son William (b1811), brother of Jane. I was recently at Garraroosky, Fermanagh and met a Bussell who is still farming there. My Bussell ancestors farmed at Derrymacrow (1901 Census) and then at Culliondoo, adjacent to Garraroosky (1911 Census).  I'm new to RootsChat: how to share information? I would appreciate being able to compare trees to validate what I have.
Kind regards, D
barclay bussell langfield burt