Author Topic: Bussell/Mitchell  (Read 16673 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bussell/Mitchell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 11:03 BST (UK) »
This is really interesting. William and Jane are my GG Grandparents . My G Grandmother is their daughter Margaret who marries George Hurst. I have Williams death cert and Will. Happy to exchange information. I have been searching for 2 years in the hope of learning more about the wider family. I have managed to Trace William's parents Thomas and Anne and family from the 1821 census for Fermanagh and the names of his family. His  father was Robert Mitchell.

Look forward to hearing from you. Once you have posted 3 messages its possible to sent a personal message and exchange e mails if that's of interest. Would be happy to sent you the documents i have if that would be of interest.

Went to Co Fermanagh last summer but failed to find any graves for William and Jane but did discover one for their daughter--now Dunlop at Colebrook church just on the out skirts of Brookebrough.

Offline B Sean McGivern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 12:19 BST (UK) »
Well I look forward to exchanging some information on the Mitchells and Bussells , they are GG Grand parents from my mothers side , she was a Johnston.

Offline B Sean McGivern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 12:26 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you are still on the Mitchell track, just noticed the family tree was prepared by TH Hurst dated Feb 1953 and has had a few additions since then on Bussell/Johnston and mcGivern side. :)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 June 11 12:50 BST (UK) »
Exciting. TH Hurst would be I think my Grandmothers brother. he was Thomas Henry Hurst known as Harry and dies in South africa. On line for a few more hours then it will be some days before i can be back in contact but very keen to explore more.

Offline hmcneill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 17:54 BST (UK) »
hi joined this chat a bit late hope your still checking it!  I was having no luck with the bussells/mitchells so this has really helped!!!  I'm decended from their daughter Edith who married James Boyle and moved to Belfast.

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 18:59 BST (UK) »
Delighted to hear from you. Cant say I have my head around all the lines but my g Grandmother --was a sister to Jane. When you have posted 3 messages can send you apersonal message with my e mail and give yiu more details. Met up this year with family of Maud --latter mrs Johnston. Have interesting tree i can send you. What part of the world are you in .

Look forwrd to hearing from you.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 19:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   I noticed that Edith and James Boyle married in St. Mary Magdalene Church of Ireland, Shankill, Belfast on 30 Aug 1904.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 19:43 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that information.

Offline hmcneill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 18 April 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
definately be interested in getting any info i can until i saw this thread i had hit a brick wall with the Bussells!  Would definately be interested in a family tree!  If your interested in edith's family i have loads of info - edith boyle nee bussell was my great grandmother, her daughter was my grandmother dorothy who married Ambrose Willis in 1941.

Still in Northern Ireland.