Author Topic: Baptism - Clay  (Read 8249 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism - Clay
« Reply #9 on: Friday 14 September 12 14:52 BST (UK) »
You're welcome.   I've sent you a personal message with my e-mail address so if you wish you can send a copy of Edward's will.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 March 16 02:01 GMT (UK) »
A long time after you (Dave) and others sorted out the Mawby/Clay connection.   I am trying to tie these folks with "our" Joseph Mawby who married Elizabeth Popple and had eleven children. This "Chat" has filled in a lot for me!  I was really confused about the dates surrounding the two Ann Clays, mother and daughter.
I am not very good at using RootsChat, so I am not sure who will see this!
Anyway - Thanks for the help!
Janice

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 March 16 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan, funny you should mention Joseph Mawby and Elizabeth Popple as they are my wife's great grandparents.   He was a policeman.   They in fact had 14 children.   I can let you have more details if you wish.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 March 16 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,
We have been in touch before - on this subject. The connection is through Gladys Constance Mawby Langdon, daughter of Charles Hugh Langdon and Emma Susan Mawby.  Gladys married Frederick Allen White who was my grandmother's (Lilias Deborah White) brother.
Frederick and Gladys White had three sons, Reginald, Eric and Keith (known as "Peter"). Reginald died early in a dockyard accident, Eric was sent to Canada as a "Home Child", after his father died and Mum had a new baby and couldn't cope; Eric had two children, a son who died within a day of birth, and a daughter, Linda, who lives in British Columbia and I visit her every Christmas, as I escape from a Prairie Winter!
Peter lived in England and had two children, a boy and a girl.
Could you e-mail me direct at  janjones@mts,net   and give me the marriages and dates which
relate to Ann Casterton/Fairchild/Clay - and her daughter Ann. I am still confused!
I do have the Mawbys - back to a Thomas and Ann ( nee ?) Mawby and their son, Robert, who married Mary Adcock.
Cheers, Jan

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,  I can only repeat what was posted previously by eus5805....

Ann Clay married Samuel Adcock Mawby 17 Oct 1833.   
Her mother was Ann Casterton born about 1768.   She married William Fairchild 23 Nov 1793 in Ashwell, Rutland.   It appears that William was buried 28 Nov 1794 in Oakham.   
Ann then had 4 children, presumably out of wedlock all baptised Oakham.............
        Mary Clay Fairchild bap 7 Feb 1798
        Ann Clay bap 20 Nov 1798
        Elizabeth Clay Fairchild bap 27 Feb 1802
        Edward Clay Fairchild bap 5 Aug 1803
Ann then married Edward Clay 19 Nov 1804 at Thornhaugh, Northamptonshire.
Presumably the children were Edward Clay's.   The only oddity is Ann Clay with no mention of Fairchild.
Hope it's all correct, cheers Dave