Author Topic: Rootschat Newby  (Read 6306 times)

Offline Clemmie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Newby
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 August 17 00:49 BST (UK) »
Apologies for my tardiness in responding, lots of family illness and death has prevented me from researching.  Just finding my way back slowly.

Thank you MKRD for your interest and connection with surname Vaux.

You may already know by now of the Sunderland Family Vaux of Vaux Brewery - there are many Vaux's in the Durham area over years, but I've yet to find a connection with this famous family.

I hope by now that you have ;-).

Best wishes 
Sunderland Durham, Kent - Mennell/ Mynell/Meynell Vaux Dowey Gibbons/Gibbins Dewart Haugh Calder/DNA match.
Updated 2024.  Many more names available
Long Melford Suffolk - Piper Sore Whittle Dread Bruning Durwin Howe Sansum Hardy
Enniscorthy County Wexford - Quinn Brien/Bryan Redmond Kavanagh Cullen Rourke Nowlan Byrne Power OBrien
County Down to Sunderland - marriage of Robert Dewart (born Ireland c1842) to Barbara Haugh 1869 in Sunderland, siblings Rebecca, William, Mary and more.

Offline MKRD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Newby
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 August 17 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Clemie,

Sorry to hear of loss and hope time is helping to heal the sorrow.

I've not been tracing this line of the much but since last I posted I stumbled across a Vaux in an article on the Pocklington History site (Pocklington being in Yorkshire where my G. grandfather was born).

http://www.pocklingtonhistory.com/archives/people/emigration/michiganemigrants/index.php

It appears that this Vaux line were from Huegenot descent arriving from France probably in the 18th Century rather than from Norman Conquest. This being the case then there may be different Vaux family lines.

All the best

Michael

Regards - Michael

Hardie, Hargy, Robertson, Vaux, Douthart, Hargie, Farrell