Author Topic: Clarke family records Claverley  (Read 1162 times)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clarke family records Claverley
« on: Monday 21 February 11 19:55 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out more information on the parents of Richard Clarke born/baptised  16 April 1780, Claverley, his parents and siblings were:-

Father: Thomas Clarke born about 1750. Buried - 28 March 1782, Claverley.
Mother: Mary born about 1754.

·   Mary – 24 March 1776
·   Patty – 2 April 1778 (1778)
02 Apr 1778 Patty, d. of Thomas & Mary [Elizabeth] Clarke (bur. 12 Apr 1778 ) bap. Book: [Marriages, 1774-1795.] (Marriage) Collection: Shropshire: Calverley - Parish Registers, Hereford Diocese

NB: Separate IGI entries show same date for Birth & Baptism.

Another record for a Richard born about 1781, spouse Esther, they are on the 1841 census in Claverley and are not connected to this enquiry.

Although the IGI record shows Thomas born Claverley about 1750 no baptism recorded for him but there are a few others around that date elsewhere in Shropshire. There are numerous others throughout England between 1749 & 1752, including Tanworth about 1749 and he is not the one.

I am trying to link Richard to my own Clarke ancestors from Tanworth in Arden in Warwickshire. My Great X 3 Grandfather Joseph born 1788 & Richard were partners in Birmingham during the early 1800s. I am trying to establish if they were related. I have all the later details from 1801 onwards.

If anyone could possible check the birth/baptism records in Claverley or find a marriage record, in Shropshire for Thomas & Mary about 1775, I was hoping to discover if Thomas was originally from Shropshire or maybe his occupation.

Anything from the OPR might help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Colin Clarke
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.