Author Topic: Anthony Family Research  (Read 16486 times)

Offline Neil10

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Family Research
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there cousins:

I am happy to share my information.  Question - do any of you have a listing for the parents of Michael Anthony b 1726?  I have hit a roadblock here

Offline sheena23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 August 12 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi
Neil. My father Gideon Anthony used to take us to Burntisland from West Calder to visit his relatives. He was the son of Gideon Anthony and Elizabeth Purdie.  My great grandparents were Gideon Anthony born 1835 and Marion Young. They were married in 1862 in Ratho.  I have Agnes Tait Anthony married to James Napier and Thomas Napier married to Mary Ann Napier. I thought they were the children of Gideon and Marion. Have I got it wrong? Thanks Jean

Offline Neil10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 August 12 19:49 BST (UK) »
Sheena:

Here is what I currently have in my tree:

Gideon Anthony b 1825, d 1870 m to Margaret Potter b 1830 d 1897. I have their children listed as - John "Thomas" Anthony b 1865, John Anthony b 1864, Jane Anthony b 1867 and Janet Anthony b 1868.

I then have their son John "Thomas" (my great grandfather) b 1865 married to Margaret Ann Napier.  I am assuming the Gideon you are referring to could be my Grandad's brother.  I am showing him as b 1902 but have no further information listed at this time.  Do you know the year your dad Gideon was born?

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 August 12 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks

Sorry I haven't contributed much to this, my daughter gets married in 2 weeks so I am either very busy or in hiding.

I had a quick look at this and probably shouldn't have. I am very confused now.

I have a John Anthony b 1821 marrying Christina Young Potter b 1820. Marriage date of 4 June 1843...

Neil has Gideon Anthony marrying Margaret Potter.
Sheena has a Gideon Anthony marrying Marion Young.

I knew I shouldn't have looked. I think I will go and hide again
WILSON - Glasgow + New Monklands + Renfrew. INNES - Govan + Grangemouth + Aberdeen. McBRIAR - Holytown + Belfast. ANTHONY - Linlithgow + Edinburgh. NEILSON - Govan + Bulaweyo. HOWAT - Banff. WALLACE - Argyll. FERGUSON - Glasgow. SINCLAIR - Dunoon. STEVENSON - Edinburgh. SCHUBACK - Germany. LYON - Argyll + Aberdeen. RAE - Aberdeen. MORRISON - Banff? GRANT - Banff. MUNROE - Banff. CRAWFORD - Argyll.

Offline Neil10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 August 12 16:38 BST (UK) »
This is probably two different Anthony families.

Offline sheena23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 27 August 12 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hi They are 2 different families
My Gideon was born in West Calder in 1905. His father Gideon was born in 1880 in Livingston. His father was was also Gideon (born 1835 in Ecclesmachan who was married to Marion Young. His father was Thomas Anthony married to Barbara Thompson. Thomas died prior to 1851 in Corstorphine so I cannot prove it but I believe his parents were Gideon Anthony( Born 1792 in Livingston to William Anthony and Agnes Samuel.) and Janet Tripney. Neil I'll send you my research offline.

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 27 August 12 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hi All

You have got me started looking at my tree again and tonight I found some more Anthonys. You probably have this information but it was new to me.

I only had one son listed under William Anthony and Agnes Samuel, David Anthony b 1796.

Tonight I found   Gideon b. 1792    Janet b 1880    Margaret b. 1883     John b. 1885     Agnes b. 1885 
WILSON - Glasgow + New Monklands + Renfrew. INNES - Govan + Grangemouth + Aberdeen. McBRIAR - Holytown + Belfast. ANTHONY - Linlithgow + Edinburgh. NEILSON - Govan + Bulaweyo. HOWAT - Banff. WALLACE - Argyll. FERGUSON - Glasgow. SINCLAIR - Dunoon. STEVENSON - Edinburgh. SCHUBACK - Germany. LYON - Argyll + Aberdeen. RAE - Aberdeen. MORRISON - Banff? GRANT - Banff. MUNROE - Banff. CRAWFORD - Argyll.

Offline inss03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 24 February 13 00:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi They are 2 different families
My Gideon was born in West Calder in 1905. His father Gideon was born in 1880 in Livingston. His father was was also Gideon (born 1835 in Ecclesmachan who was married to Marion Young. His father was Thomas Anthony married to Barbara Thompson. Thomas died prior to 1851 in Corstorphine so I cannot prove it but I believe his parents were Gideon Anthony( Born 1792 in Livingston to William Anthony and Agnes Samuel.) and Janet Tripney. Neil I'll send you my research offline.

Hi Sheena - i agree with all you've said - you'll be my 5th cousin once removed then.
Anthony
Rennie
Thomson
Taylor

Offline inss03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 24 February 13 01:19 GMT (UK) »
How do the Michael Anthonys connect to William Anthony b 1760ish who married Agnes Samuel in 1780 in the Parish of Livingston ????

Thanks
Anthony
Rennie
Thomson
Taylor