Author Topic: Marshall Family  (Read 26171 times)

Offline LLNARN

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marshall Family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 August 12 14:51 BST (UK) »
John Marshall and Charlotte Day were my great great grandparents.  Their son, William was my great grandfather.  I am trying to find information regarding  Louisa, Will's sister who married Fred Evans and lived in South Dakota.  I grew up in Lincoln, NE. 

Offline Debbie Marshall

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 March 13 00:36 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Marshall had a son named Albert who moved to the United States, married Miranda Catherine Wright. They lived there for 25 years and had a son named Frank. In 1910 they moved to Canada. Frank later served overseas during the First World War. He lived for most of his life in Alberta, Canada.

Offline traymc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi I am descendent of wilde family. My great aunt still living  edward wilde married marshall surname

Offline SKMarshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 21:44 GMT (UK) »

Posted by: LLNARN
« on: Thursday 09 August 12 14:51 BST (UK)  »
    Insert Quote
John Marshall and Charlotte Day were my great great grandparents.  Their son, William was my great grandfather.  I am trying to find information regarding  Louisa, Will's sister who married Fred Evans and lived in South Dakota.  I grew up in Lincoln, NE.

I have some limited information for Louisa Marshall and Fred Evans.  They lived in Sioux Falls, SD and had a daughter named Melissa Evans, Fred was a veterinarian.  I think I have a couple of census records for Fred and Louisa stored at home, but I've only ever found the one daughter listed.

I found this snipped recently, which indicates that the family was still living in Sioux Falls in 1922.

"Dr. Fred Evans, veterinarian for the health department of Sioux Falls, SD, has resigned and is succeeded by Dr. O.W. Stanley, who was formerly city veterinarian of that city." - January 1922
- VM/SAC, Veterinary Medicine & Small Animal Clinician

Marshall (East Yorkshire), Staveley (East Yorkshire), Day (Worchestershire), Peden, Schmeeckle, Hirschmiller, Messinger/Moessinger, Ralston, Comstock, Harlan, Kandler (Nebraska/Wisconsin lines only), Theurer (Switzerland), Loibl, Mallory (East Yorkshire), Jones (Wales/East Yorkshire/Nebraska), Towse (East Yorkshire), Maw (East Yorkshire/Nebraska), Kohl (Nebraska), Roth (Illinois), Brownfield, McConnahay

Offline tomlia

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 01 December 14 20:45 GMT (UK) »
SKMarshall
You mentioned EuVah Marshall-Christie in one of your posts. I am her granddaughter, my dad was her son, Paul. Any info that you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
L Christie

Offline tracmf1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 01 April 15 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a link to Elizabeth Marshal who married Edward Wilde of East Riding Yorkshire

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 April 15 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a connection through Edmund Norris married Nancy Marshall 26/08/1834 Skeffling she was bapt16/10/1815 Kilnsea daur of John Marshall born c1779 Skeffling marr Mary Tennison 09/09/1815 Skeffling who was the son of Edward Marshall, no other information on Edward or John
gogogadgetlegs
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline SKMarshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 February 16 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have a link to Elizabeth Marshal who married Edward Wilde of East Riding Yorkshire

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Edward Wilde and Elizabeth Marshall -

Elizabeth (born 1842 in North Newbald) is related to my Marshall line, although she is not in my direct line.  Her father was Anthony Marshall (born 1812 and was a cordwainer/shoemaker), her mother was Frances Smith.   Anthony (husband of Frances) was the son of Anthony Marshall and Isabella Staveley of South Cliff(e).  I do show Edward Wilde marrying Elizabeth.

Marshall (East Yorkshire), Staveley (East Yorkshire), Day (Worchestershire), Peden, Schmeeckle, Hirschmiller, Messinger/Moessinger, Ralston, Comstock, Harlan, Kandler (Nebraska/Wisconsin lines only), Theurer (Switzerland), Loibl, Mallory (East Yorkshire), Jones (Wales/East Yorkshire/Nebraska), Towse (East Yorkshire), Maw (East Yorkshire/Nebraska), Kohl (Nebraska), Roth (Illinois), Brownfield, McConnahay

Offline SKMarshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 February 16 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have a connection through Edmund Norris married Nancy Marshall 26/08/1834 Skeffling she was bapt16/10/1815 Kilnsea daur of John Marshall born c1779 Skeffling marr Mary Tennison 09/09/1815 Skeffling who was the son of Edward Marshall, no other information on Edward or John
gogogadgetlegs

I don't have many records for this Marshall family group, but I do have a John Marshall born to an Edward Marshall in 1779.   My Edward Marshall was born 1751 in Skeffling to Anthony Marshall (Marshal) and Anne Matthews, this Edward was married in 1774 in Skeffling to Elizabeth Coates and Edward died in 1779. There were 3 children born to Edward and Elizabeth in Skeffling: Elizabeth (1777) , Edward (1775) and John (1779). I have no information for Elizabeth Coates-Marshall other than her mention in the 3 births and the marriage and do not know what happened to her or the 3 children after Edward died.  It would make sense to me that she could have remarried and moved with the 3 children, perhaps to Kilnsea, but to date I have been unable to track her outside of Skeffling.   

If you have any further information for John Marshall, Edward Marshall, Elizabeth Coates-Marshall or the Kilnsea Marshalls in general I would really like to hear from you.  I have notes for Edmund Norris and Nancy Marshall but to date have been unable to make a definite connection to my Marshalls. If it turns out that your John Marshall (1779) married to Mary Tennison is the same as my John Marshall (1779) then this would be a very welcome new information.   

SK Marshall