Author Topic: Sir William Henry Palmer  (Read 8146 times)

Offline squeaky

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Sir William Henry Palmer
« on: Wednesday 20 April 05 02:04 BST (UK) »
of Castle Lacken and Summer hill. He was married to Alice Franklin. They had issue, but I can only find one son Roger born 1802, who married Eleanor Matthews. Does anyone know of who the sisters of Roger Palmer were? These Palmer's were large land holders in all of Ireland.  I have heard there are records in Dublin or the Palmer papers.

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Sir William Henry Palmer
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 02:17 BST (UK) »
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline FionaLorraine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 January 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in the palmers in Co Antrim specifically near Antrim town itself.  I know that there was a Palmer who died in Mount Cottage there whose father Samuel came from Galway. 

What is interesting is a Chichester palmer who has a child in Summerhill - a small area near Islandbawn/Muckamore just outside antrim - I was wondering how it got its name and if there was any connection between Co Mayo Palmers and Antrim?
Palmer Website: www.davyboynorth.f2s.com/SamPalmer/00]SamPalmerStory.asp
Palmers, Barrs and McGarrys from Antrim/Ballyrobin/Muckamore/Crumlin
McAleaveys from Forkhill Co Armagh and then Whitewell/Glengormley
Traynors/Trainor from Larne then Whitewell/Glengormley also Glasgow

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 January 06 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi
peerage.com makes reference to a Minnie Augusta Palmer- baptised Augusta Mehitabel Palmer born 1807 - daughter of Sir William Henry.
I have interests because Sie W Roger Palmer owned the land around Lacken where my family lived.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 February 06 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Squeaky,

I have a copy of A Dictionary of Irish Biography, edited by Henry Boylan, published by Gill & Macmillan  from the library. I looked for the name Palmer.
I found an earlier Roger Palmer of Castlelackan Co Mayo and Kenure Park, Co. Dublin.

1752 Roger married Eleanor Ambrose. Eleanor (1720-1818) was a daughter of brewer William Ambrose of Co. Dublin. She was a leading beauty at the court
of the Viceroy, Lord Chesterfield, who called her the "only dangerous Papist in Ireland"

1777 Roger was created a Baronet
Roger died before Eleanor who, though left a rich widow, lived in a small lodging in Henry Street, Dublin.... in full possession of her faculties

The quotes in italics are from A Dictionary of Irish Biography.

All the Best, Christopher