Author Topic: Cassino Tamburrini's  (Read 4924 times)

Offline SBracewell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cassino Tamburrini's
« on: Monday 28 February 11 06:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi all.
I have the daunting task of trying to track down / document my wifes ancestors who hail from Cassino in Italy. This is not an easy task as all BMD records were destroyed in the Battle of Monte Cassino in 1944.

If I work backwards from what I know, it's (so far) as follows:-

Donato Tamburrini 1922 - 1987 - married to Margaret Russell 1923 - ?
Iuarez Tamburrini 1877 - 1949 - married to Concetta Volante 1882 - 1943
*** Iuarez and Concetta married in St Peters Catholic Church in Clerkenwell, London***
Giacomo Tamburrini 1852 - ? - married to Carmella ?

Concetta's parents:-
Giovanni Volante ???? - married to Giovanna Mancini or Capaldi (unsure).

If there is anyone out there that may be able to help me in my quest, (even ever so slightly), I would be most grateful!

Cheers

Steve

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cassino Tamburrini's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 March 11 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Steve ...can`t help with anyone except the Volante family. and Capaldi family..they settled here in Liverpool....
contact Scottiepress in Liverpool , they may be able to put you wise about the Volante side of things
www.scottiepress.org/projects/litaly.htm
allan ....good luck ;)
ps ...read it right through Steve , as it mentions Capaldis as well

OH ...TAMBOURINI family is mentioned here in Liverpool...could this be your family with a slight spelling difference ?
well worth looking into........allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline SBracewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 March 11 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Allan - I'll investigate.

Offline Arturo.c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 March 11 21:07 GMT (UK) »
I have the daunting task of trying to track down / document my wifes ancestors who hail from Cassino in Italy. This is not an easy task as all BMD records were destroyed in the Battle of Monte Cassino in 1944.
Just for your information, a local non-profit historical society called CDSC (Centro Documentazione e Studi Cassinati) is painstakingly putting together the documentation of the city and people from Cassino that got lost during the bombing of the city in WWII.

Their website is all in Italian, but I assume that there must be someone of the members that can correspond in English. I suggest you to send them a couple of lines and see if they can be of any help.

Offline SBracewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 March 11 23:31 GMT (UK) »

Just for your information, a local non-profit historical society called CDSC (Centro Documentazione e Studi Cassinati) is painstakingly putting together the documentation of the city and people from Cassino that got lost during the bombing of the city in WWII.

Thank you very much for this information!

Offline Capo1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 15 April 11 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am a Capaldi, who's line is from Cassino.
I am trying to get and give all information on people from Cassino, especially the records lost in the war.

Please look at my new site, which i hope you can let others know, to pass on as much information as possible!

www.cassino-families.co.uk

J Capaldi

Offline tam5854

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 March 16 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Steve,

I think I may well be part of the family line you are searching for. Please get in touch as my family are from cassino. All the names you mentioned are in my line and we have pictures we can share with you.

Allan Tamburrini

Offline Linda Anne Forsyth

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 April 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
Hi ...I am a Tamburrini , Family born in Cassino in 1878 my Nonno name luarez Tamburrini a Hairdresser 1877 / 1949 . Nonna Concetta Volante don't know age or when she died they where married in London where don't know ... Family have been to Cassino to try and trace but came to a stumbling block as you say the Battle of Monte Cassino destroyed all records ,what I do know the 2 brothers left Cassino for France didn't stay long left there for London both the Brothers met two sisters Volente  from Cassino but different villages and both got married to them, my Nonno & Nonna left London with 7 Children and set up home here in Scotland and had in all 18 children .
Great Nonno Giacomo Tamburrini ... And Great Nonna Carmella Tamburrini no maiden name as I only have my Nonno's death certificate . Yes it's very daunting and for some reason my dad nor his siblings they never spoke about family I think there family just wanted to fit in when arriving to this country ...
Also my dads brother Dorado( Davy ) Tamburrini married to Maragaret Russell
So I might be a relitive ?

Yours  Linda