Author Topic: John Henry Harber Staffordshire  (Read 4123 times)

Offline gimli74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Henry Harber Staffordshire
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 December 17 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hey Jane
Thanks for replying to the post. Always interested in information regarding this family. I did purchase John Henry Harber's marriage certificate to Lily Russell this revealed that the his father was John Harber.
Would love any more information regarding them.

Regards
Gimli74
Locke- Petersfield
Merritt- East Meon
Reece/Deane- London
Haskell- Bournemouth
Brake-Dorset
Shearing- Canford Magna
Rose- Bournemouth
Harris- Coventry
Smith- Coventry

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 December 17 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gimli74. I have only recently 'found' the origins of my Great Grandfather and indirectly that came about following my first post to Rootschat. It would seem that, as I explained, john harber senior also used the name Herbert. You can find him using the name Harber in 1881, living as a lodger, with Edward Perry, his daughter Eliza and 3 children, Annie, Thomas and Charlotte. Charlotte is his daughter with Eliza Jane. They go on to have another two children, eliza Jane ( whose birth registration I can't find) and john henry, the man you are looking for. The family can be found in the 1891 census, living under the surname Herbert, still at ellwells street, west Bromwich. My great grandfather, Thomas moved to pontnewynydd in 1897/8, with his wife and son. Unfortunately he died in 1898. Charlotte married a lewis sauce and was living in Pontnewynnyd in 1901. As you know john henry harber married lily Russell in 1907 in Pontnewynnyd. Its taken my family 40 years to find my great granddad's origins. I hope you can benefit from my sleuthing. I have invited you to access my family tree on ancestry where you will see this information. I haven't any pics or family memorabilia of this family, just the records. All the best and let me know your connection.

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 December 17 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - Lewis Sayce ( mobile phone predicting text!!).

Offline gimli74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 December 17 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am connected to John Henry Harber and Lily Russell through there Daughter Margaret. I am her Great granddaughter. I haven't received anything on ancestry.

Will look in to your information. Thank You very much for getting in touch.
Regards
Gimli74
Locke- Petersfield
Merritt- East Meon
Reece/Deane- London
Haskell- Bournemouth
Brake-Dorset
Shearing- Canford Magna
Rose- Bournemouth
Harris- Coventry
Smith- Coventry

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 December 17 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I've drawn up a family tree for my great great grandmother, Eliza Jane Perry Tracey Harber, in jpeg format which i'll try and attach to this post. She was married twice (even married her first husband twice!). I think she may have had a liaison in between husbands as my great grandfather's birth certificate doesn't identify his natural father. I will never know who this man is although on my great grandfather's marriage certificate he names his father as Thomas Perry, Ironworker.

I've drawn up a family tree in jpeg format which i'll try and attach to this post.

I couldn't invite my cousin to my ancestry family tree either. He had an unusual email address. I had to email Ancestry and ask them to connect us. Which they did. With your permission I'll do the same for you. You don't have to be subscribing to Ancestry to use your family tree, if you have one, or be a guest on someone else's. You just can't see the attachments, pics, etc. I'm assuming you are still registered  on Ancestry as I've seen an extract of a 1939 census return.

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 December 17 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Extract:
John Harber
(aka Herbert),
Labourer in Iron Works. Son of Matthew  and Charlotte Harber (aka Herbert/Harbutt)
Born: 1839 @ Ledbury, Hertfordshire
Baptised: 21 March  1839 @ Ledbury, Herefordshire
Married: 21 Nov 1875 @ St Mark’s ,Tipton, Staffordshire
Death: 1917 @ Infirmary
Burial: 1917

Eliza Jane Turner Perry (1) Tracey (2)Harber (aka Herbert), daughter of Edward Perry, miner, and Ann Turner formerly Gutt(e)ridge
Born: Jane Turner, 20 April 1851 @ Brickhouse Lane, Greets Green, West Bromwich,  Staffordshire
Baptised: Eliza Jane Turner 29 June 1851
Married: (1) 1868  and  21 June 1869 @ St Peter’s, Greets Green, West Bromwich , Staffordshire
Married: (2) 21 Nov 1875 @ St Mark’s, Ocker Hill Road, Tipton, Staffordshire
Death: June 1903 @ 5 Ryder Street, West Bromwich, Staffordshire
Burial: Age 52, 1 July 1903 @ St Peter’s, Greets Green, West Bromwich, ,Staffordshire

Charlotte Perry Harber
(aka Herbert)
Born: 1876

Eliza Jane Herbert
(aka Harber )
Born: 1884

John Henry Harber
(aka Herbert)
Born: 1886

Prior to marrying John Harber Snr, Eliza Jane Turner Perry Tracey Harber gave birth to 3 other children. Ann Sophia Tracey, Catherine Tracey and Edward Thomas Perry (my great grandfather).

Hope that helps.

Offline gimli74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 December 17 21:33 GMT (UK) »
hey
thanks for getting back to me. I am still registered with Ancestry and have a membership. I am happy for you to contact them on my behalf.

Will continue reviewing the information you have kindly given me.

many thanks

Gimli74
Locke- Petersfield
Merritt- East Meon
Reece/Deane- London
Haskell- Bournemouth
Brake-Dorset
Shearing- Canford Magna
Rose- Bournemouth
Harris- Coventry
Smith- Coventry

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 December 17 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gimli74

Ancestry advised that you should contact them and they will help you access my invitation to Sharrock Family Tree.

Best wishes

Jane

Offline d_j_m

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 December 17 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Gimli74

I was looking up Pontnewynydd, Trevethin last night on google maps. My Great Grandfather, Thomas Perry, lived at 3 Afon Llwyd Terrace, where he died in 1898. His half sister Charlotte, who married Lewis Sayce, lived at 24 Torfaen Terrace, just a street away from her half brother although Thomas had probably died before she moved to Pontnewynydd. Where did John Henry Harber live? I see his first and second born were baptised in Pontnewynydd. John Henry Harber was born in 1907 and your Margaretta about two years later. He and Lily had several more children as you probably know.

Thomas, Lewis and probably John Henry all worked at the Ironworks. I noticed that Charlotte named her youngest son after her brothers, John Thomas Sayce. That tells me they were very close to each other, and still remembered Thomas after he had died. I draw comfort that Thomas Perry who is buried at St Cadoc's I believe, had his half sister and half brother living close by and I'm sure they made sure his grave was cared for.

I'll visit one of these days and see if I can find Thomas's grave. Not sure if there is anything there anymore so need to do some research.

Best regards

Jane